Dark Knight

Indemnity

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

the "animatrixish" batman- gotham knight full version streaming in watchable xvid quailty can be found

http://www.surfthechannel.com/info/Movies/...html?aid=105429

dont get turned off if you dont like the art style right away, because it changes with the short stories.

Yeah - actually downloaded the Gotham Knight. It was pretty good - I really dig the references and connections to the old Paul Dini Batman animated series. HEck, they even brought the same voice actor back. Great stuff. I dunno about the rest of you, but I have my IMAX ticket reserved for opening night. Just one week away!!

-Cril

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled onto Gotham Knight on Veoh. It was crappy quality but I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

Just saw Dark Knight with Steve last night. Personally, I wasn't that impressed overall with the film. It was good but not great. The previous film was much better, I had enjoyed it a lot more. Dark Knight had it's good parts to it, don't get me wrong and I actually enjoyed this version of the Joker, but, there was just too much down parts and with 2.5hrs worth of film it was ehh.

I gotta say that I really enjoyed this movie. I found it to have so much more depth than your average super hero flick. It really felt a lot like the good Batman comics - dark, with a lot of insight and speculation into why characters act the way they do. I found that comparing it to Batman Begins is a little bit like apples to oranges. The first one was a lot more of an average action flick that was easy to watch. But it was a very good action flick. Dark Knight... Has SO much more meat to it - I loved how poetic some of the dialogue was, and how tragic all the characters turned out to be. It had such a depressing ending - but it was exactly the kind of stuff that really makes me love Batman. I can go on and on and on about the movie - there was so much to take in. But I agree with the Frank - it kinda sucks that Two-Face is dead, he's a great villain. But at the same time I'm a little bit happy because I wasn't fond of the makeup/effects for his burnt side. It looked a little too fake.

-Cril

The movie was bad for me. I think I missed out on a lot of the "omg" storylines because I know the comics and cartoon so well. I thought the first scene with Harvey and Rachel was absolutely horrible. I got really worried because their acting in that scene stunk the whole goddamn theater up. That being said, Heath Ledger was top-notch and everyone else did ok besides that first scene as well.