Friday Night Firefight Forums

Dark Knight

Indemnity

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I am sooo stoked for this movie. Batman Begins is my favourite super-hero/comic movie of all time, and I can't wait to see the sequel.

...There were some pics posted a while ago that had some great shots, but it looks like they've been taken down. I can't seem to find them anywhere, bah.

-Cril

Am i the only one that thinks batman begins is extreamly over-rated? That movie just didnt do it for me and i cant figure out why, Maybe it just because i have a man crush on micheal keaton.

Hrmmm, yeah. Michael Keaton made a damn fine Batman, his movies are by far the best in the origional running movie series. What I liked about Begins, though, was how wonderfully gritty and back-to-basics it was. I wasn't too fond of the villains per se, but I liked how it showed Bruce Wayne starting Batman from scratch. The real question for Dark Knight, though, is can Heith Ledger possibly match Jack Nicolas' Joker?

-Cril

He'll do fine, have faith. Don't go in saying Jack is the one and only.. because believe it or not, he wasn't.

http://www.scifilm.org/tvgraphics2/batman-impjoker.jpg

Now, why do people like Jack so much better?

Because Cesar's character was based on the comic book for it's time.. so he was this 'funny' ha ha.. "practical" jokes type "Joker."

Jack's character took him down a darker path.. which followed suit of Batman Graphic novels who already had the mold for him to play. Which he did.. and did it well.

Heath's Joker is even darker.. more violent.. but will still have the 'Jack' feel to him.

So, if darker was a change for the better between Cesar and Jack.. then Heath shouldn't have a problem.

I gotta go with Joker here. I think Heath is gonna do just fine. The guy is a great actor. I know I'm gonna get hit with some Brokeback jokes here, but he did great in that ghey cowboy movie. He really has a great range of emotion that he can show. Also, we mustn't discount how much these two pretty badass actors can push each other. Bale is an acting nut. And I've heard Ledger is too. On top of that, you have a great director in Nolan.

One thing I worry about though, is how shitty that bat motorcycle looks. I mean, I suspended my disbelief about the bat tank, but that crazy ass motorcycle? How the fuck are you supposed to take corners in that thing?

• 2 weeks later...
Well im not sayin hes gonna suck ass hes just gotta do a good job lol. Theres gonna be a motorcycle? lol well everyone knows frank that the bat motorcycle doesnt take the corners, the corners take the motorcycle http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png

I also read that the Motorcycle is actually inside the Bat-tank.. and disengages.. -That- will be interesting to see =P

It also makes it easier to picture him not taking the tank for the purpose of being able to shoot out on a crotch ... rocket? .. and corners? Michael Keaton had that little grapple shoot out of his car for corners in the original batman.. maybe the bike will have something similar.. because we already know the tank can take corners..