Friday Night Firefight Forums

Making your own ringtones

Cody

I understand that selling ringtones is a multimillion dollar business, this is why that its nearly impossible to do. I think the fact that the music industry is making so much money off ringtone sales is probably my only driving force to do it, i want to be a pirate. I've spent minimal time over the last couple years looking for a way to import my own ringtones on a cell phone. That being said the only websites that ive found that would enable one to import music require fees for software. I'm sure i could figure it out if i really took the time, but fuck that, i'm lazy.

which leads me to ask if any of you fellow fnf'ers have a sure fire, easy and free way to do this.

If you have a Motorola Razor or somthing like it it comes with a program called "phone tools" With that program I can take ANY song off my pc and put it in the phone tools menu. It then has a whole editing part to the program. I can take any portion of any song and then send it to my phone as a ringtone. Its pretty fucking sweet. I mix songs together and everything even do video editing. So yes it depends on your phone. I have a couple sites that I use though to dl stuff that I dont have on my comp. If your phone has mp3 ringtones try these 2 sites.

http://www.juno.co.uk/

http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/mp3-ringtones/1/

Have fun.

Berz out.

The way i do it for my phone which uses mp3 files for its ringers....i use sony sounforge to cut a nice lil clip from the song, save it as an mp3 file and then upload it using funformobile.com 's nice lil free uploader which is available for most canadian and american service providers and then just download it normally...fun, simple and easy!

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to make John Williams' The Imperial March as a ringtone so it will play when my mother-in-law calls(you know, the Darth Vader theme). I don't have a PC link for my phone and I'd prefer to not buy one. Is there anyway to send it to my phone without a PC connection?