etru_scan

How do you feel about Gas Prices?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Gas Prices?

• Not concerned.
    • Its on my mind.
    • Freaked right out.

• 4 months later...
here in southern california i drive a gas hog v8 camaro and gas is about $2.80 a gallon us right now, but i was paying almost 3.80 in the middle of summer.

Oh man, I've spent about ~$75 on gas this week and I'm driving a friggin' stock Civic. Mind you, I've been playing chauffeur to my bro and sis on top of driving 40mins one way to school on my own. Either way, does anyone remember back when it was like $0.35 a litre? Ah, those were the good days...

Oh Smrf, post some pics of your ride dude. I did.

-Cril

Quote :: Crilix' Date Sep 16 2007

Oh man, I've spent about ~$75 on gas this week and I'm driving a friggin' stock Civic. Mind you, I've been playing chauffeur to my bro and sis on top of driving 40mins one way to school on my own. Either way, does anyone remember back when it was like $0.35 a litre? Ah, those were the good days...

Oh Smrf, post some pics of your ride dude. I did.

-Cril

I can see you remembering the time of .35/ltr but not ever experiencing it.. I think I was just driving age when the prices started to go insane from 35 to the insanity that is today.. you'd have been 10/11 http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png but yeah i miss them times.. delivering pizza's was a GOLD MINE!!! I spent 20 bucks a week on gas (mind you I had a 3 cylinder subaru justy OH YEAH JUSTY BABY JUSTY!!!) and raked in like 400/week on tips alone. then theres gas allowance which wasnt much at 25 cents a delivery but again 3 cyl car, cheap gas.. it helped - i'd average about 30/week on gas allowance - then the 400/week wages.. man i did I ever "get by"

Guest etruscan

I think it works out to be about 80mpg or so, Chris. I have some mods that consume a bit more go juice than stock would, but yea, about that.

And thats a 2 stroke. A 4 stoke would get almost double that. You sacrifice power of course, but, yeah. cheap on gas doesnt even come close to describing them.

15km commute ? yeah, thats a bit much to do every day on a scooter imo. mine is about 8-10, and it takes me around 15-20 mins depending on traffic, and in the winter it can be harsh. Any more than that would make me kinda sad. But really, for city commuting ? Scooter is the proverbial pwn. : D

Gas prices are bad and are going to get much worse in the next 5-10 years IMO. But for me, the bigger issue isn't gas prices, it's current cars and their place in the market for the next 5-10 years. I mean, US has had a big cultural shift to green over the past year and it's going to start carrying over into everything real soon, including cars. I won't be buying a new car for the next 5-10 years because I'll be stuck with a junker by comparison to new fuel standards and sources. As of right now I plan on only leasing my vehicles until I see one that will survive the new technologies in cars that will hit the market in the next 2-3 years, and eventually 7-9 years.

My car runs on Will power...so im fine...........if only eh lol. My car once its been tuned up and what not can go through a tank of gas in 2wks or so. Not bad imho and i rather much enjoy it myself.