Friday Night Firefight Forums

USS Enterprise vs the Battlestar Galactica

etru_scan

OK ! So, i was curious what you guys thought of this interesting hypothetical battle... I saw this as a headline somewhere, and actually listened to a podcast where some huge nerds argued to and fro as to who would win.

TBH, the people arguing in the podcast were.. idiots. They knew a fair ammount about both ships, but honestly.. their debating skills were so pathetic i resented their wasting my time with such a flaccid debate.

SO ! Knowing we have some *quality* nerds on these forums, and fans of both shows, i thought i'd drum up some conversation on the topic.

Anyone interested in arguing for one side or the other ? I would love to represent the Galactica, because 1, it's my precious, and 2, it would clearly destroy the Enterprise with barely any effort imnsho.

So there ! represent, you trekkie bitches ! Lets hear your delusional arguments as to why an exploratory/science oriented ship could take out a *battlestar* . Seriously. there's no way.

!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude. Um. All the Enterprise has to do is beam everyone in BSG's control room into space.

Game Over.

Not to mention that photon torpedoes have a bigger yield than "nukes."

As much as I'd personally root for BSG, I think the Enterprise wins. First and foremost are the energy shields and weapons. I don't see how physical projectiles could possibly take them out - Even the nukes. If the sheilds were designed to withstand all manner of anomalies and super novas, I somehow doubt a nuclear explosion would do much of anything. That, and we all know that Star Trek is so incredibly cliche that they could get out of -any- kind of predicament by "Iverting X, which will send the power surge to Y and result in the quantum disruption of the enemy's Z"

But I have to say - Vipers would run friggin' circles around any kind of shuttle from Star Trek.

-Cril

Which version of the Enterprise? Kirk? Picard? That idiot from Quantum Leap?

The one from TNG Will clearly win, Picard, Data and the baddest man to wear a ridge on his forehead, WORF!

Okay, going back to my nerd free zone now.

Even Kirk's had shields, photon torpedoes, the phasers, transporters. If you throw Jonathan Archer's (Quantum Leap guy) Enterprise at BSG, then you have a fairer fight. But even that Enterprise had very primitive transport tech. Anything with a transporter wins, if you ask me. You just start beaming people into outer space. Or pieces of the other ship into outer space. Why shoot a torpedo if you can just make a hole appear in another ship and cause explosive decompression?

Look, people. I'm not fucking around. I will beam you the fuck away into outer space!

This is the first time in the history that i'm ashamed to be a part of this community.

http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png

You all seem to forget that the Galactica has Sharon who is a silon which have the technology to take over ships. Hence why Galactica uses old school suff and no networks. Having silon technology available to them they'd just take over enterprise and start transporting THEM into space.

Bob they used a devise like that against the Borg... They rigged a Photon Torpedo with Metaphasic Shielding. The Metaphasic shielding constantly changes the shields to prevent the Borg adapting to the shield modulation. Once they setup metaphasic shielding it evened the odds against borg. They beemed a photon torpedo directly into the power matrix of the Borg Cube.... big boom. Resistance is NOT futile.

As for the enterprise vs that other show (tsk tsk) it is 2 ships from differnt times with vastly different tech levels. It would be like putting cavemen against todays military. The enterprises shields are designed to withstand Nuclear energy. The speed at wich the Nukes would fly would allow Worf to pick them off out of the sky. He as done it in some shows. The speed of the Photon Torpedo's make them harder to pick off. I cant remember offhand what the yield of a Photon Torpedo is but its in my brain somwhere.

Oh and as for Star Trek Geek... Yes I do have a Klingon Tatoo on my shoulder~!!

Berz out.

Found it....

Photon torpedo yield: Warhead

It is difficult to estimate photon torpedo yields because there has never been a substantive quantification of their output. However, the TM indicates that a photon torpedo carries 1.5kg of antimatter which presumably reacts with an equal amount of matter. This allows us to determine that the upper limit for photon torpedo yield is 2.7E17 joules (64.3 megatons), since Einstein's Theory of General Relativity predicts that E=mc²

Now you have to find how powerful the BSG warheads are... although it wont really matter because they wont penetrate the Enterprises Shields.

The largest Nuke ever deployed on Earth was 50-60 megatons in Russia.

Berz out.

I agree with the points about technology and that the battlestar would have a hell of a fight, being out gunned, beaten in the defence department, technology and knowledge. Im sure both shows come from different times, i believe TNG is the 24th century, dunno what BSG is.

Ha! No. Star Trek beat Star Wars tech wise, as well. Marty, no Force alive could defeat getting beamed into space. The Borg are insanely stronger than a Deathstar.

As for the site I was linking to, here are the jpg's. NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

http://fileserver5.jpghosting.com/images/x...a60a3df84b0.jpg

http://fileserver5.jpghosting.com/images/x...99f434af7f0.jpg

http://fileserver5.jpghosting.com/images/s...df49895fe55.jpg

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!!!