Friday Night Firefight Forums

Official Weight Lifting Thread

Berzerker

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK for people on the go OR people who are lazy lol... here is an AWESOME healthy meal..... 1.3 cups of quickoats, and a scoop of protein powder. Mix with water (experiment untill you get the consistancy that you like) stick in microwave for 1min30secs..... add brown sugar to taste....

500 calories, 8 grams of fat, 80g carbs, just from the oatmeal. Add whatever your protein powder is and you got a quick meal that is awesome for you. I eat the oatmeal 3 times a day for 1500 calories. Then I get my protein from other sources mostly tuna. Quick oats are CHEAP and tasty.

Berz out.

quickoats? wtf is that? that microwavable oatmeal that comes in various flavors?

obviously you arent referring to the flavored line, but to the basic no flavor one. Id so be tempted to go with the flavors tho - apple cinnamin, peaches n cream mmmm but that also sounds like a wicked meal.

I sit here and read your guys post while I enjoy my Kong Sized triple whopper, King sized fries and Big ass Strawberry milkshake. And I pose this question to all y'all out there.... How the hell can I gain a bit of weight and muscle ???

I have been 150 since grade nine. for those of you who saw me at the meet last year prolly remember a little me. Well I did not used to be like that, damn business I worked for going bankrupt !!!

My metabolism kicked ass back then and still to this day kicks ass. I prolly have fast food around 4 times a week, pop, chips, etc etc, crap, etc. But I used to have some gerth on my arms..now I do not.

I used to pick orders and run the office in a Fruit and Vegetable warehouse. 16L pails of Canola oil....100 lb bags of taters....100 lb bags of rice, etc, etc. Back then I used to be beefier and I owned a shirt that was tight in the arms (bicep wise) and would barely fit. Same weight though I was as now but now the shirt fits great...lol

I have lost all my muscle mass and replaced it with...well with... with...NOTHING. http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png

So I pose to you. I do not really want to gain that much weight per say cause I can run like the wind and we do not want to change that. But other then just weight lifting is the any basic exercises (that looks wrong lol..stupid word) other than push ups that strengthen nicely ???

I am not sure if I am on crack or something and maybe all of the above makes no sense, but basically I would like to be stronger I guess you could say. Weight lifting the only way ????? Roids did not go so well !!!! kidding ....

The only way to get stronger is through repeitive movements that strain you muscles and force them to adapt... Weight lifters work 1 muscle at a time and let the muscle grow on rest days.... gymnasts work out everyday and their muscles are forced to adapt. Both work just in different ways. With gymnastics You will get to a point where your body has adapted enough that it will no longer grow without further stimulation. Thats why most gymnasts look the same. Howerver Body builders continue to stimulate forcing adaptation. Your body weight provides more than enough weight , if used correctly, to build muscle if exersizes are done correctly. Look at the military... they dont really use weights just body weight and training... pushups chinups and pullups are upper body things that you can do with your own body weight and get a good workout. Steve had a chinup bar in his house (my forehead still aches when I think about it) in a doorway. Bottom line is you have to do somthing to make your muscles react and adapt.

Berz out.

I did not read everyones post, but, i ill ask my questions. I have one muscle i want to trim down or build in... the UPPER UPPER abs, almost inbetween the rib cage. if you draw a triangle from your bottom rib to your sternum. thats what i want to make more toned and small... I am in pretty good condition, eat healthy drink more water then the average person by about 3-4 times. Im a slender 5'6 and weigh in at 145. very little body fat, just wish the one trouble area would go away( its because unlike most people whos ribs curve in at the bottmn, mine curve out...)

Hmm interesting. If what you describe is a physilogical thing with your rib cage Im really not sure how you would go about changing that. See if it was FAT I would say lose the fat lose the problem but if its the way you are built then thats a different story altogether. By the sounds of it its just your body. Its like if you put up a tent... the fabric will follow the tent post to thier shape. the only way to chang the tent is to change the posts... and I dont think you wanna be changing your ribcage lol.

Berz out.