Friday Night Firefight Forums

Those Damn Americans And Their Guns

Indemnity

A great song on this topic: (kinda)

Arrogant Worms: Let there be Guns

Wouldn't it be great if everybody had a gun?

There'd be no more crime, 'cause everybody'd have a gun!

We wouldn't need the police no more, 'cause everybody'd have a gun!

(Yeah!)

Wouldn't it be great if everybody had a gun? (had a gun)

Nobody'd ever get shot, 'cause everybody'd have a gun! (Makes sense!)

We could go out and shoot things

We'd all feel safe, 'cause everybody'd have a gun!

Everyone'd be equal, 'cause everybody'd have a gun!

Not me, I got me a rifle!

Well hang on, if you got yourself a rifle then I wanna get me a

semi-automatic weapon!

You get a semi-automatic weapon and I'm gonna want an automatic

weapon!

You get yourself an automatic weapon, I'm gonna get a super-automatic

weapon!

Well if you get a super-automatic weapon, then I'm gonna get a

super-duper-automatic weapon with a CD-ROM drive!

If you get yourself one of those I'm gonna get a

super-duper-automatic weapon with a CD-ROM drive, and a big old hard

drive, and a big guitar amp ...

(rambles on while the rest of the Worms sing)

Wouldn't it be great if everybody had the weapon of their choice?

Wouldn't it be great if everybody had the weapon of their choice?

(Still rambling..)

I'll go so fast I'll be able to chase you from here to Saigon, and

then I'll shoot like little Nerf rockets at you and poke you in the

eye 'cause it'll have automatic like finger-poking in the eye

things...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good one, May. It's too late to just get rid of guns in America. I mean, basically, you'd leave Joe Blow unarmed, and all the delingquents would just hold on to their MAC10's, etc. It would take forever for all of those guns to be found.

I'm telling you, if we sacrifice Smrf to the superpower gods, I will get Superpowers and I can make all the guns disappear and replace them with dead fish.

England has never allowed the general populus to own weapons, a few collecters and target shooters used to be licensed but even those licenses are gone now... but there is no shortage of weapons in the hands of criminals, in fact even someone with half a connection can get their hands on a gun.

When criminals commit a crime, they forfeit all their rights. Those rights are taken away and after their imprisonment, their rights are reinstated. Criminals serve their time, and are let back into society only after being made sure by government that they are ready to be let out. Sure, some of the time, the government f's up and let out someone who decides just to go back out and do the same thing...but hey, the law is the law. Some criminals actually serve their time and make the choice within themselves to work at something better.

Ya mean, 75% of the time? 75% of all criminals go back to jail. http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png I say bring back the chain gangs. Without any pay to making criminals work. We already gotta pay as tax payers for their food, security guards, the building, etc etc.. Makem work to pay some of it back.

The thing that baffles me is the primarily American opinion that having a gun is good for self defence, in some circumstances sure they are but most produce a corpse instead of a loss of property or whatever. In "most" cases, when a guy ir gonna rob someone, he dosent wanna use the gun just have it for intimidation purposes, and if you are smart you live to tell your "mugging story" or whatever the case is later. But, if you pull out a gun of your own, usually someone gets shot, usually the "victim" not the "criminal" because the bad guy already has the gun in his hand pointing at you, and most people who own guns for personal safety dont really have that much experience with them , maybe a couple times to the shooting range, and they forget about the safety or whatever, and get themselves shot instead of just robbed. More deaths happen because the "victim" had a gun of their own than ever happen when they dont. why lose you life because of money or possesions? you can always make more money. Of course there can be hunderds of scenarios where they might help, but there are thousands where they wont.

Those are the kinda people who would go buy guns from Wal-Mart. http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png Instead of a real gun store.

Of course most crimes are committed with illegal guns so no laws will make any difference, but if the usa had done something a long time ago, there wouldnt be so many illegal guns out there to use, because not as many would be produced if they were harder to get.

Actually it would probably open up a bigger bussiness for Arms Smuggling. You know how much you can buy an AK-47 in Africa for? $1.50.. Thats right a buck, fifty. Someone would come along and just buy a few thousand fo those and smuggle them into the states.

I personally have 5 guns in my house. That my parents bought for me to target shoot with. Notice I said target shoot. I don't keep them laying around loaded, for 'self defense' or any of that crap. Chances of that happens are so small it's a waste of time. Even though my 12 gauge could easily be used for self defense in my home (My turkey gun). It's nice and light, with fiber optic sights so I wouldn't have to worry about firing in the dark.

Of course I never have any ammo laying around though on account that I always shoot it all everytime I go outta town and take my guns for hunting/target shooting. hehe.

Zrizona has the highest number of registered handguns per person of any state in teh US... everyone virtually has one, you see Soccer mom driving her van with a 45 right there on the dash.... carrying a weapon is a real easy permit to get, as long as the weapon is visible....

Ironically... Arizona has one of the lowest rates of gun related crime in the US... And crime in general is lower... why?  Well put it this way, if the guy behinf the counter has his piece right where he can get it and you can see it.... hiding yours and then trying to draw it for a robbery is gonna get you a swift trip to the morgue.

Ya but I bet the ratio of well how do I put this.. Of.. Guns being pulled out per deaths is higher in Arizona then many other places.

Seriouse.. If a criminal goes in to rob a store, a woman, hell anything.. And knows that other person has a gun.. Why would they take the chance of getting shot and not just shoot them?

I don't even know if there is a handgun in my town lol.. Other then the cops but now we get patrolled by the city so.. Well ya.. out of 6000 there is probablly only enough to count on two hands..

i think that the whole 5th Amendment thing is americas biggest problem, that was done in a completely different time, different world.

allow my moment of being a history nerd: it was the second amendment http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png

guns guns guns... why can't we all just play cs when we wanna shoot someone?

ahh... i missed alot lmao. ok.. first off.. Arizona... yes has a shitload of guns. the reason.... because u CAN by law carry a pistol around town as long as your 21 u dont need anything special. coz if u think bout it. then u tell someone they cant have it. they want it more. well AZ says go for it. so then people think why bother. i like never see guns on the street lol i have like 15 guns but i dont carry them. i think havasu had like 2 killings in like 3 year that **i** heard of.. and one was a lady killed by her huddy (by his hands) and leftthe car in a ditch. the other a kid with a sword or something. im sure there was shootings but i dont remember. as for the permits being easy to get... well this about it this way. like my brother has a conceled weapon permit... he had to go to classes for it... PLUS fill out a form to use it and they make sure they have new finger prints.. so if he kills someone he's F'ed over lol.

as for ownin them and there bein no point? well.. i dont own mine for protection. i mean i have a .45 acp loaded and close just for the hell of it. but i got them for goin out in the desert and just havin fun. i have a SKS (kor. verson of the AK-47) and my bro owns a ak-47 and niether of us keep them loaded they both stay in the safe. i mean shit if i wanted to kill someone wouldn that be the gun to use? its just u dont think of shooting people when u own them =/ heck i alwayz forget i have them anyway.

oh yeh and i forgot... in AZ if u have a gun they have to be able to see it. like its gotta be in the open UNLESS u have a permit then u can hide it. some places like k-mart have a sign that says no firearms tho.

btw nice H&K i was gonna buy one a long time ago... but if u have a hoster they had a problem with ejecting the clip. was gonna buy a glock18 but.... i got my Ruger .45 acp love that gun sooo much.

here r a couple or my guns (these like my favorites)

(silver/black=.45, black=9mm, big one=SKS)

V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V

http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/post-2-1084159688_thumb.jpg

Clip ejection is fixed. http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png I have a concealed weapons permit as well. Only had to fill out a form, finger print, and pay for it.

I am pretty much trying to stay out of this because I feel I have a right to have a weapon or two and I don't want to get too amped up. Anyway, if you think about it, 99% of the people who are murdered by guns are murdered by people who would've used anything to kill them, gun available or not.

This is a fact, can't remember where I read it but it's true. The number of deaths by malpractice medicine in the US yearly far exceeds the number of gun related deaths.

-edit-

http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_gun2.gif

http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_ph34r.png

Hey, Proph, if you're gonna shoot someone with that AK, remember to aim low and to the right cause that damn thing kicks up and to the left. Headshot in 3. Bang.