Friday Night Firefight Forums

books

the_bitch

What are you currently reading?

Also what books have to read in the past that you can highly recommend?

Heya

I am reading "The Fruit of Stone" right now.

As far as books I have liked and recommend, kinda depends on what you are looking for, however, here are some of my favorites.

-The Big Sky

-The Hotel New Hampshire

-Fight Club

-A Prayer for Owen Meany

-Lonesome Dove

-The Dune Series

-Shogun

-The Thorn Birds

: )

I just finished reading Resistance - The Gathering Storm

http://i.neoseeker.com/boxshots/Qm9va3MvU2NpLUZp/resistance__the_gathering_storm_frontcover_large_aBcU0kGIC6tq68n.jpg

it's set in the WWII time frame but instead of fighting Germans it's all about aliens dominating the earth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know that it's incredibly old and almost everyone and their dog has read it, but I got through the Diary of Anne Frank for the first time. Fantastic read, the ending is brutal. I've been on a bit of a WWII binge recently, I've plowed through Band of Brothers, Beyond Band of Brothers, and The Simple Sounds of Freedom. All three of those are about infantry from the 101st Paratroopers. Good stuff.

-Cril

PS- Wtf, Jamie? How can the same author write for Halo AND Resistance? Isn't that against some kind of Fanboy Code of Conduct or something?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm currently re-reading the Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan. There's alot of aspects that are a blatant rip-off of Lord of the Rings, except it's about 100 times better. Some of my all-time favourite reads are: Motley Crue's autobiography, Dave Navarro's autobiography and Nikki Sixx's autobiography. Junkies always tell the best stories.