Friday Night Firefight Forums

My old hause...

Guest etruscan

Guest etruscan

Hey guys. Here's a blast from the past for those of you who came to my Birthday/Meet all those summers ago...

As you might know, i was forced to move out of that house because the landlord was 'selling' it to his son, they had to do a ton of renovations and it would be unlivable in the interim. Fast forward a couple years.. and as luck would have it, the house *next* to my old place catches fire, and spreads to the sid eof the duplex i lived in. Because nobody was home, the fire spread into the attic and the smoke damage spread throughtout the place, pretty much destroying it. Then the firemen moved in when they noticed the fire had spread into the atttic, and proceeded to chop holes in the ceilings of every room to blast water up inside.

The result was total, complete devastation. I think Jamie has/had a photo of the fire, maybe he can post it. Anyways, i guess in a way it was a blessing in disguise that we were forced to move. We have insurance, but thats little consolation when all your shit burns up.. so.. yeah.

Anyways.. that was quite some time ago. With labour being the insanity that it is in the GVRD right now, the re-renovations are moving at a fucking snails pace ( a snail that is fucking, no less ) and i was able to get some pictures of the inside.

Basically there isnt much point to this post, other than to share something kinda weird , like photos of a place you lived for 6.5 years that is now gutted. I took a couple pictures of the back yard, which i cant even talk about without flying into a mental rage thanks to the 'renovations' the landlords son thought fit to do, and of the rock that shot bees at rob.

Check em out by clicking the thumbnails, yo:

http://www.mufti.ca/gallery/d/8584-2/DSC02267.JPGhttp://www.mufti.ca/gallery/d/8643-2/DSC02287.JPGhttp://www.mufti.ca/gallery/d/8677-2/DSC02296.JPG

ps- bonus points for anyone who can tell me what song the thread title is from, and how i changed it. : )

I tell you what. I saw that rock and it brought some bad memories. Really bad memories. So I flew to Vancouver last night and did what I had to do.

So fuck you, rock.

http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/monthly_04_2008/post-25-1208889066_thumb.jpg

Guest etruscan

hahaha, i thought you guys would appreciate that picture. I was kindof suprised to see it where it was, to be honest. after those fuckers tore *EVERYTHING* out of the back yard and even the 40 year old rhododendron from the front so they could park their pinchy cars, this rock is the sole survivor of it all. ironic, sorta.

My dad still thinks we should have blown that fucker up with the boulder buster from work...

Oh, and I think the song is Old Apartment by BNL, but I could be wrong, it's been known to happen every couple years.

Guest etruscan

lawl.. Joker:

The story is not as epic as the effort involved in getting this mofo out of the ground. I wasnt even actually in the ' work crew ' , not till after it shot rob in the neck.

basically, my then-gf cara wanted to put a trellis or something up, and the spot where the rebar had to go had a minor problem.. there was a little rock in the way. So we started digging, and found out that the little rock was actually a really fucking BIG rock. And you know how some rocks are big, but dont weigh as much as youd think they would.. and other rocks.. well.. they're fucking made of lead inside ? This one was made of lead.

So at some point, i told cara she should put the boys to work to get them out of the house, and the epic rock excavation was underway. We almost got off on the wrong foot by trying to smash it with sledgehammers... but i think that got cut short after the first crack. Something about the rock being made of lead and bees.. And then we switched to extracting it. I believe thats where the heculean ( from a nerds perspective ) effort began.. because.. well.. the rock was fucking heavy.

The part i remember best was when terry suddenly burst into this mad fit of rock-pulling based on his south-african rock pulling heritage. Man, that boy had *technique* .. I was mostly amazed because i had no idea there was such a thing in the first place. So with four or five sweaty mouse jockeys grunting away, sweat a poppin, the rock eventually succumbed and was rolled off to lay indignantly exposed along the side of the house for the rest of my stay there. I must admit i was very suprised when after the new tenants ' renovations ' were complete, the ugly bastard had been rolled from the side of the house, to the front where you see it now.

And the main reason i never stole it back is because it is made of rock lead. I just cant move it, not even joking. We'd need like, two, three guys, a little lift of some sort, and alot of luck it doesnt wake up in mid-operation and start blasting fucking bees again.

Ill see if i can dig up some pictures of the yard. Somehow, i dont think we got *any* photos of this fucker coming out of the ground : (

*edit*: couldnt find no pictures online. weh.