Friday Night Firefight Forums

Amazing Physics Demos

Blue

Well hey man, if you have an 8-series nvidia card, there is a demo called ' smoke box ' that is probably using if not these exact algorithms, ones very much like it. Its just a glas box with smoke blowing around inside that you can affect in real time, but it's an example of how this technology is here, now. yesterdays news, some might even say.. And as simple as it is, its totally, totally convincing..

Once the 8800's of today are considered outdated junk ( ie, in less than two years) ... what kinda insane stuff you think we'll be seeing ? Whatver it is, id bet it'll be reeaal, reaaaal purdy ; )

Actually looking at the 8800 GTS 320 MB, and I'm gonna wait for the Intel price drop thats coming. I'm in no hurry, I want a computer that can play Crisis, and TF2. Until then I don't need a rockin computer, so the longer I wait the better. Duo Core 6600.

One day here I'll put a post together on the tech forum and see what advice you guys can offer. Right now my biggest question is about motherboards, I've always cheaped out in the past, but I think maybe I'm bottlenecking my systems by doing that.

BLue