Friday Night Firefight Forums

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Blue

http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_mf_w00t2.gifElder Scrolls IV Oblivion

If you enjoyed Morrowind, then you owe it to yourselves to check out Bethesda's new game.

One catch, you'll need a really high end comp to run this game or an xbox 360 (my gf4800 won't even run it, its not supported at all) At least a 6800 + vid card and 1gig of ram.

Check out some of the videos on the website, some of the stuff looks pretty crazy unreal.

I've been following the development for over a year now and I'll be picking up my preorder monday or tuesday whenever it ships.

Blue

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im getting it too

gonna be sweet

4 or 5 days to go till I get this beast.

Im so gonna steal all the pillows in the game and make a fort.

T O M M O R O W ! ! ! ! !

WOOOOOO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Ooh, i was just reading this.. There's apparently a new Forcewear driver release specifically aimed at giving NVIDIA uses a performance boost when playing Oblivion. So anyone with an nvid chipset, you know what to do !

any idea if I wil lbe able to get a collectors edition for PC in Chilliwack

I want the map, the Making of DVD and the coin.

Plus 1 dvd > then a lot of CDs

http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_banana.gif I'm going to be playing this tomorrow night on a 48inch LCD with my 360, there was no way I could afford to upgrade my comp enough to play this at high settings so i got the 360 instead. See you guys in 200+ hours after I've finished the game.

Blue

I wont be able to get it till hursday http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png

And I have no idea if the cool collectors edition wil lbe avalaible.

but ow well.

gotta do the work thing.

Gotta steal all the pillows

I wonder how the physics would work if I stole 100 plates, stacked them very high and fired an arrow at it.

getting mine thursday.

I sure hope U can still super jump 5 miles at a time (without scrolls of icaris flight)

man thats fun in morrowind.

Landing hurts

Played for a lil bit last night, first impressions... http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_mf_w00t2.gifhttp://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_mf_w00t2.gifhttp://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_mf_w00t2.gif . Its as good as they said it would be, I'm not thouroughly(sp?) immersed in the world they have created. I see many many many hours to be spent in the future on this game.

Blue

my copy will be at my desk at work in less then 2 hours

then I can play it in 6 hours or so when I actualy get off work

http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png

lil update on my end here..

I played last night for about 4 hours. Snap judgement : Love it.

Im barely past the 'first impressions' stage, but i have done and experienced the following :

Created my characted,

Combat,

Spellcasting,

Exploring,

Completing quests.

All these parts scored equally well imo - Starting from the top, Character creation was pretty fun. The 'create a character' was crrrrazzzy ! SoOOoo many options, you can make ur dude look SO weird if you want, or so creepily real it makes it a game within itself. Definately liking that.

Combat is *great* ! You can really dance around, dodging and blocking incoming magic missiles and arrows and attacks of all sorts. You strike in a relistic manner, with quick slashes, bigger ' power swings ' and even get disoriented when you get smoked. I really enjoy it so far, and spellcasting is just a matter of hitting the 'c' key to invoke whatever you have presently selected in your inventory. tres cool. Spellsword FTW !

Exploring, both underground and above is really fucking cool. Moving around above ground is where you'll get the most lag, and experience the most graphical glitches. On my righteous beast of a machine i haev to run my resolution at 1280x1024 (with everythign turned full, including AA which i have to do out of game to override the no bloom-and-ff-at-the-same-time limitation the game has ) cause if i try and run it any higher things start getting laggy. This is too bad, but i expected it. This game really, really demands the most out of even the best PC out there.

You'll notice the foliage fading in a little too close, but mostly when you're running 'uphill' and can see the 'line' at which the draw distance takes effect. Im a little saddened that it's so close, even with it set to 'far' in the options.. but.. what can u do. Its an effect that u kindof dont notice after a couple hours anyways, so its in no way going to ruin the game for you. On a slower system though.. i dunno.. i think we might hates it.

Another thing i found a bit hard to get used to was the walk/run speed. Run speed is fine, but the walk speed is s-l-o-w. SLOW slow. And the real fuck of it is, that when you go from walk to run, its like stomping the accelerator on your car. Dude just RUNS ! right away, and it's a bit annoying. I bet it's just a polish thing, but the walk either has to be faster, or ther transition between the two more 'usefull' I dont think there's a sprint, which would be sweet, but you can jump pretty far.

Also, the horse is the same. The speed is either SLOW as fuck, or Fast, but not-fast-enough. Which is kinda lame. Once the horse gets going, thats about it. You CAN jump with the horsey, but you just dont go no faster once u get to top speed. This should be fixed IMO - different horses should have different speeds, and the top speed definately being more impressive than what u get.

As far as completing quests is concerned, this seems pretty straightforward. You get ur quests, u get a 'waypoint' on your compass, and away you go. Easy. Again, im barely getting into it so ill have to give a better opinion on things later, once i know more about how they all link together. So far, it's very linear in that regard.

Anyhooey, love to hear your guy's thoughts on the whole thing. GL !

less sthen 2.5 hours till I goet to go and install this game of coolness.

I got me the collectors edition

Came with a cool large heavy coin (a bit bigger then a 13.5g poker chip)

The manual, map, A pocket guide book to the lands. (basicaly a book about places and people and the history of the world written not for PC gamers but written for people who live in that land. )

And the making of morrowind DVD>