Friday Night Firefight Forums

who here plays source?

IronHide

I see a number of people saying they don't play source, or whatnot, still on the 1.6... I'm curious who does play source as I am always looking to play with someone. Most people say they play on FNF fusion but I have yet to see even one person playing on that server.. guess people play when I don't. However, I don't remember the last time that I was actually able to play CS with anyone I knew... if you do play... what server do you usually play on? if you want to be able to play but don't have the $$$ pm me

I usually play CSS on

"Vancouver BooleanMartini.com" 209.121.79.104:27015

I find that they run a pretty decent server and it's a good ping, for people in the Vancouver Lower Mainland area... dunno how it would be for further away...

I usually play CSS on

"Vancouver BooleanMartini.com" 209.121.79.104:27015

I find that they run a pretty decent server and it's a good ping, for people in the Vancouver Lower Mainland area... dunno how it would be for further away...

Boolean Martini ??? Oh man, those guys are fuckin iiiidiots. Sorry. I just tried playing there before we had the FNF-FUSION server and i got sick of it hella fast. The BM guys put alltalk on (which is fine) but they just talk soooo much shit you either have to mute them all ( and forget all about VON obviously, which is annoying ) or try and ignore it. And i dunno, maybe it's different now, but i couldnt stand it. Sorry to dis their server, but i found that place really, really annoying. Thats me though. I would think anyone interested should see for themselves...

Well.. It started with the fact that i started playing CS again.. but only at work, since the machine i have there is sick ass, and plays it beautifully. Since i was cracking out at lunch and after work, people started joinging me and we went from two people to 12 people in less than a week.

From there even more people got interested, and we regularly had more than 12 people at lunch and afer work that wanted to play Source, so we needed a real server. Boolean Martini was one of the ones we tried to play on, but the guys there are actually pretty damn good, and love to talk shit, and since many of the EA guys had literally never played CS before, it was too much. So, the next logical step was to rent our own.

NFo was the best priced service out there, and the pings are actually amazing ( I have a screenshot of all 18 slots full and everyone pinging under 20 ) so we stuck with them.

The server is Locked for two reasons : 1, it is much much much cheaper. I was prepared to pay for it out of pocket, so saving $20 on a $75 server just made sense.

The second reason is tied to what i mentioned about people here at EA never having had played CS before. Having a private server lets them learn how to enjoy the game without getting completely pwned by bad mouthed asshats, somethign i find just makes people want to quit. Also, i really have no patience for idiots of any flavour, and when i sit down at lunch to play for a bit, i dont want to spend the time adming. Same goes with everyone else.

And in the end, Since i made the effort of organizing it all, and since it's my Credit card, i decided i could co-brand the sever however the hell i pleased. So i called it the FNF-FUSION server ( Fusion is the name of the department i work for at EA - We make all the PSP titles for EA ) and invited anyone from FNF to play.

That invite extends to anyone in the FNF community, as well. So if you'd like to check it out, PM someone in FNF and they'll give you the password. I would just post it, but the server rental contract states that you cannot 'widely' distribute the password. I reckon posting it counts as wide distribution, so im erring on the side of caution.

Hope than answers your questions http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png

Boolean Martini ??? Oh man, those guys are fuckin iiiidiots. Sorry. I just tried playing there before we had the FNF-FUSION server and i got sick of it hella fast. The BM guys put alltalk on (which is fine) but they just talk soooo much shit you either have to mute them all ( and forget all about VON obviously, which is annoying ) or try and ignore it. And i dunno, maybe it's different now, but i couldnt stand it. Sorry to dis their server, but i found that place really, really annoying. Thats me though. I would think anyone interested should see for themselves...

steve, I totally understand what you're saying. However, it's not always that bad. Sometimes it is bad and then I leave and go to one of the other regular servers I play on. but sometimes it is tollerable... for me anyway. I find that the BM guys are pretty decent admins, they don't take junk from players... but yeah, the all talk thing is what gets me the most. cuz there's no easy way to communicate with teammates, and typing in cs is just unheard of http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png as it is like so 3 years ago (something like that)

Yea, i mean, dont get me wrong, it seems like a fine place to go and kill time while playing some cs with guys that dont take shit and play at a medium to high level ( of skill, not tactics ) but yea, not the kinda place you go take a bunch of nubs and hope to do anything but go crazy.

anways. FNF-FUSION is my home. no time to play elsewhere. http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png