Friday Night Firefight Forums

Funerals

Just curious what everyone would like to have done when they pass on. The question doesn't get asked, of the person who should have the most say, very often. I think I'd like to be cremated myself. I don't want a funeral, I would like to have a wake at some kind of pub (preferably Irish because that's my herritage), and I'd very much like the song Let It Be by The Beattles played for me and all my loved ones. I've always really liked that song. Anyway, hope this isn't too much of a bummer for people. I myself don't mind talking about my own death because I'm interested to see what's on the other side.

I want to be burried. Ninja's don't like to be burned http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png

I can't come back as a zombie ninja if I'm a pile of ash.

Dunno, maybe the whole burning thing is like being sent to hell imo. "Witches" were burnt at the stake and so forth. You get the picture. The egyptians had a lot of things right. It's really creepy when you see how mathimatically pin point accurate the pyramids were built, how it aligns with points on the moon that have signifigance etc. Anyways they used burial rituals so they must of been on to something. Just random blabbering but overall I would preffer burial.

i wana be frozen untill i can be braught back if i die of somthing other than ageing. otherwise ill set out 100$ for my funeral and demand no more than that be spent to celebrate my passing.

Whatever's cheaper. I've heard people say that cremating is still pretty damn expensive. If I could, I'd like my ashes sprinkled in the water off the Florida Keys. What's it matter when you're dead anyway?

One thing I know is that I wish that my funeral wasn't depressing. I hope that at my funeral, people are laughing and enjoying themselves and maybe thinking about just funny stuff I did or said. Life is a journey. Death is but another stop on the road.

I remember my friend once suggesting having a Bounce House at his funeral. That way, people would be FORCED to have fun. And he'd stick it right at the entrance, so you'd have to go through it to get inside.

I'll prolly be buried, in a decent casket, with a small ceremony, then a big keg fest http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_buttrock.gif , you can cry, laugh, think of me...thats what I want. But I'm going to make sure to have money stashed away... I really just want everyone who knows me to have a good, happy, lasting impression of me.

I dont like to think of my own death, its a depressing thing to me. I could be hit by a bus 2morrow, and i would be ok with it, but id rather live to see my children (if i have any) grow up, and start there own lives. When i do die i wish it to be brief and have no pain, the ultimate goal during with my death, would be to say, I love you to the one i love. Id like to be put into a cherrywood casket and put into a mosseleum.

Ive been to a mosseleum with fiend and another buddy, but one time i went alone and read the names, dates and wondered what there lives were like, and how mine wouldve been during that period. I want the same for someone else that is interested.

this reminds me of a quote from a song..

"Now let me ask you a question if the world is so bad

Then why do people get sad and mourn and cry

When people that they love die?

Shouldn't they be happy? or jealous even??

Oh you'll miss 'em??? so then it's selfish reasons"

Be happy.. lol.. I could really care less though, why spend money on a dead guy?

ROFL May, good point. You'll have spent how many years bending over backwards to make her happy? May as well end off well. http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png