Friday Night Firefight Forums

FELLAS!

hey guys. just milling around on some TDi forums and remembered the "good times" so I thought I'd pop in and say hello, hope everyone is alive and well. I miss hanging out and playing games with you guys, times were simpler then, much simpler.

man its been like 5 plus years hasnt it? fucking crazy.

hows everything been?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well im posting from my old pc (resurected the old girl) hopefully my steam ticket will be answered soon and ill be on steam. plus i could always buy some games. but i think my machine needs upgrading before that. (p4 2.0 ghz with 1 gb of ddr and a 6600gt (so i can play cs essentially ))

starting to get into gaming again. and im 23... its been over 5 years hasnt it.... spending time at the bar talking about cs.

ive still got my fnf sticker on my even older tower.

miss you guys, had many good times with you.

Smoif! Nice to see you're still kickin' around, dude. Hopefully you can scrape some bucks together and get a new rig off the ground - I'd love to rub shoulders with you in CS:GO,

-Cril

im thinking about putting some cash aside and building a decent machine (im thinking 900 bucks and the use of my old tower)

• 4 weeks later...

DO IT. immediately.

You should be able to run GO at a reasonable framerate, the CPU is a bit crappy but they only ask for a dual core 1.6, your 6600gt is well above the min

If you want to cheap out, here's what I recommend.

Pickup a cheapo Mobo that takes one of the newer intel chips, a $50 celeron g540 and a half decent power supply and good vid card. THe mobo/chip might run just over $100, PSU about $50, Ram about $50 and the vid card is the big expense around 200ish. You'll be able to run most things, able to upgrade the cpu and ram later. shove in old case.