Friday Night Firefight Forums

favorite concert

IronHide

I've been to a few over the past couple years... the two that come to my mind was when I saw Deftones at the PNE forum in Vancouver... nice small venue for the show, most people were on the floor... front center, those guys play some excellent music, the most recent concert was Green Day at Pacific Coloseum in Vancouver, that was excellent.. those guys are so energetic and man do they know how to get the crowd into the music... well rounded bunch of guys.... and when Billy Joe Armstrong asked for Bush's head on a spike, that was halarious, so many people cheered... cheers

I dont know that i really have a MOST favourite show, but a few ones definately out-shine all the others..

One was seeing Ice-T at the commodore, waaaay back in 90, 91 - When POWER came out. That was such a blowout show, i was floored. It was my first real concernt, so it really stuck out in my mind..

Another brilliant show was No Means No, again, at the commodore - I was, ah, pretty, ah, out of it.. lets say.. and the stage show they put on was nearly beyond description.. From outfit changes, on-stage haircuts, flying water and gob, it was just crazy fun. That one was followed closely by the Hanson brothers, at the Town Pump. Man.. what an insane time , that one. It was a smaller show, but it was insanely packed, and every single damn person in there was drunk, i swear. We were so hosed i ended up with tread marks on my forehead from being pushed back off the stage, cause i was trying to tear off Johnny Hansons sneaker ( which the fucker had laced on SUPER SUPER tight ) so i could have it as a souvenier. best punk show of my life, for sure http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

ozzfest isn't really for me, I don't care much for the music, maybe the odd song by ozzy... or some old school sepultura, but not very often... rarely would probably be the better use of a word... can't remember which band it was, but there was a band that made a split disc with Gob in the 90's and I saw them live... can't remember the name though, that was at the CivicCenter in grade 11 .. haha.. back in the day

Best Ever.... would probably have to be The Monsters of Rock 1988. Gun's N Roses supporting, Iron Maiden Headliners, Thunder and a few others. 110,000 thousand in the crowd.

Best indoor gig for me, would probably be Jeff Healey at Rock City, Nottingham.

Tea Party was the best live act, Radiohead was the best musically, and Tragically Hip I had the best girl with me http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png

I have a funny feeling Motley Crue is going to own the fuck out of all of them on July 29th though!

Saw crue last saturday in Edmonton here, very good show, lots of the old stuff, also saw Velvet Revolver last week too, Slash is still one of the best guitarists out there.

best concerts for me, David Lee Roth-Eat em and Smile tour

Van Halen- For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour w/Alice in Chains opening http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png

Crue-Feelgood tour

Ozzfest 99-Black sabbath,Rob Zombie,Godsmack,Fear Factory,Slayer, Primus,Slipknot, etc

Alice Cooper-Constrictor Tour

Metallica-Black Album Tour

As pathetic as it is, I've only been to one concert (It's tough to get out to more when Vancouver is +2hrs away). It was in a small theatre hall in Chilliwack, where the Arrogant Worms were playing. The music was great, and the comedy was excellent. Those guys are *so* hilarious.

-Cril

2Hrs+ to Vancouver from Chilliwack? I can get to GM place in about 55-60 minutes, which makes it around 80 from Chilliwack http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png

• 2 months later...

aerosmith....MY GAWD that lil guy (steven tyler) is like 5'2 and runs/jumps/flips on stage the entire show....it was awesome

also BIF in nanaimo, because there was like 60 ppl there and I was up front moshing away and she winked at me....she s a lil dirty (heroin, lotsa partners etc) but i'd make out with her

those were the best ones....I've seen the headstones a lot of times, always good shows, prolly mostly because " I'm with the band"

as lame as it is I wanna see Rod Stewart and Elton John quite a bit