Friday Night Firefight Forums

Crilix vs. Electricice

Crilix

Taking the rule right from Etru and Vader's earlier battle...

For your serve you must submit a non-flattened PSD. If your changes are font-heavy also include an .EPS.

When working on your opponents serve, you must keep at least *1* layer/element of their serve to maintain continuity. The final image *must* show, at least in part, the layers that were kept from the previous 4 serves.

So, here we go. I get to start out with...

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/Crilix/Misc.%20Photoshop/Initial%20Serve.jpg

Good luck electricice, have fun http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png

-Cril

well, the idea being that an EPS preserves the actual font within the file, but to be honest i've never quite gotten this to work as it's supposed to. Funny thing is, i got my wedding invitations sent to me in .EPS by a graphic design shop, and the damn fonts weren't in there either !!! so im kinda relieved its not JUST me being retarded..

But yea, thats the idea.. That way one file preserves the layers, fonts, vector masks/info, etc etc.. If only it were actually that simple though...

( Of course, you could always attach the fonts seperately.. but thats too big a hassle for most )

if the image is just being scaled proportionally, i dont see why not. Might as well, if for no other reason than to keep it manageable. Sounds wise : )

(Also, when posting here and in the gallery, please keep bandwidth in mind, fellas. Often a 700KB jpg looks identical to a 300 KB jpg, its just a matter of adjusting the compression. thanks! )

Stay tuned folks, this next one is lookin pretty sweet. There's a bit more work to be done, I should have it up in the next few days. Oh, after tweaking the file it's down to about half the previous size. I think it should be fine.

-Cril

Here we are! I'm really pleased at how the burning planet turned out. Believe it or not, but it's still Earth from Elec's last serve. Most of the ships are from Homeworld 2. Which, if you didn't know, is the best RTS. Ever. Anyways, I hope I didn't do too much and you can still work off of it. Enjoy!

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/Crilix/Misc.%20Photoshop/Crilix%20Serve%202.jpg

-Cril