Friday Night Firefight Forums

Movies you've seen recently

Guest etruscan

Harsh Times was directed by the same guy who did Street Kings. National Treasure 2 looked horrible. I hate movies that try to appeal to everyone. Jurassic Park is the reason why those kinds of movies exsist. It made so much money that now, if all else fails, rewrite the script so that everyone can see it. Independence Day is a good example of a movie that would've been a ton better had it not tried to be everything for everyone. Men In Black is another example. Unfortunately, the average movie-goer is hit with 4 different types of TV spots for one movie and at some point they get sucked in.

If you want to skip bad movies then look for these simple tell tale signs in the movie's promotion.

1. Two different scenes are spliced together in order to make a nonexistent joke or "cool" line. You see it all the time but you probably don't realize it. 90% of the time this will be a stinker.

2. Multiple trailers of the same movie that portray different subplots of the movie as the main plot or even trying to make it seem like it's a different genre than it actually is. 95% of the time this will be a stinker.

3. Paul Walker is in it. 100% of the time it will be a stinker. http://www.theskulls.net/pages/home/index.html

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Walker rawks. I mean, he's terrible. But his movies end up being fun! Or sad in the case of the sled dog one... (wipes tear)... fucking walrus thing...

Also, Running Scared was a kinda wacky action flick that was better than I thought it would be.

Digits, I found it to be a pretty cool movie, too. It was rather enjoyable to see Adam Sandler in a non-comedic role for a change. Dude, you have to finish it, there's like so much that goes on in the last 10mins.

Tekmo - I definitely will. But I will have to wait a few months until I'm back home and I'll be buying it. I agree it's really nice to see Adam Sandler in a role like this, he's always been a great actor to me and when I first seen the previews for Reign Over Me I knew that it'd be a movie I'd really like but whenever I went to buy it on blue-ray I couldn't find it.

Indem -- I'll have to check that out!