Friday Night Firefight Forums

Hallo, etc !

etru_scan

Uuuuhhhhmm, YAH. I just wanted to throw this down cause its been somewhat of a long time since i've posted *anything*, let along a fresh thread.

Been alot going on as some / most of you survivors know, so i'll skip the excuses. Still alot going on, but imo the most hectic part of having a new baby is mostly past. Everyone be healthy, everyone be glad, so the steve mon be makin a show and postin again, mon.

How long that will last, well, im not dumb enough to lay claim. Im sure i'll go on those arbitrary leaves i tend to go on to 'recharge' again, but thats no suprise. For the time being im here.. and more importantly.. So are YOU guys.

Now.. "you" guys aint what it used to be. We 'all' know that. But im not talkin about THEM guys, the ones that USED to be here, im talking about the ones of you that still tap your FNF bookmarks on occasion, for whatever reason, but that despite your visits frequency still make you members of this very odd little community.

Honestly, i've run the full gamut of reactions to the inevitable downward trend in FNFClans activity and therefore popularity, and i've come to the point where i feel that the only thing that matters is that this is here, and that people still , at a minumum, lurk on. Honestly, im kindof shocked to see * anyone * in the ' last on ' box... shocked enough to make this protracted, irreverent diatribe http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

Well, maybe not irreverent. After all, someones reading this, and that means this does in fact have a point. Finding it.. yes.. thats the key here http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

Ok. What im getting at, oh so slowly, is that when i thought about whether to renew the site's domain name for the SIXTH (say it out loud. it sounds.. impressive.. dun it ? ) year running, i had to seriously think about WHY. More so than any other year.. And to spare you all the pain, I realised that the WHY is rather simple. Rather vain, too, but i think you can all understand, and relate.

Sometimes, in this big bad internet, a guy has to feel like a part of it belongs to HIM. Well, at least this guy does. I grew up with the internets. Before there were internets, when shit was just BBS's strung up in your local area code, and things, well.. they were SIMPLER back then. But more importantly, it meant that if you wanted any real presence online, you had to carve one out. Not just by hitting the boards, but by setting em up. Administering them. Or helping someone with theirs. And given that in any given area code the 'sites' available to the intrepid modemmer numbered in the dozens, not millions, one BBS actually represented a significan chunk of what was the ' teh internet ' ...

SO yeah.. to sum up what that means to me i'd have to say it's just that running/adminning/posting on website like this is in my blood. I've been doing it moer than half my life, and i reckon ill keep doing it.. forever.

So till forever runs out, i just wanted to say im really happy, no matter what, that some of you are still with me. Thanks for that. It means alot to me.

i check it a fwe times a day along with tsn.ca/nhl sportsnet.ca canucks.com and a few others on my routine "website checks"

For some people fnfclan.com is buggered right now I finally just loaded the portal by loading http://www.fnfclan.com/forums/index.php

Not all people are affected by it, and frank can load it on firefox but not on IE

The claim is a website hacking group called SPYMETA.. the only thing these people see on our site is

SPYMETA Ownz you

the group is known for its anti-american anti-israeli workings and attacks websites based on those political alignments.. this makes no sense as we have a canadian flag in our logo in the navigation bar and we're not a website thats big on political debates and such things we're a gaming site. I have also found possible sites that allow you to use their little stupid hacks or scripts or whatever and its possible a disgruntled anti-fnf'r used this against us.. however just thought id bring that to the forefront.

fridaynightfirefight.com is also affected. Those that posted here probably arent experiencing this problem with this site unless they did what i did to load the forums. just a fyi/update for ya steve.

I noticed the same thing last night Colo, needless to say I was a little shocked. I know I don't post very often, but like many others I check here often.

As far as Clan activity Etru, you'll be happy to know that the little post I made about 3 or so months ago about a little game named Tribalwars is still going strong.

Berzerker is one of my main guys helping out running a tribe of 300+ players, and a forum of the same amount for the game. General (NightMayor) was also helping out quite a bit but had to cut back on his activity because of personal time commitments (this game is seriously addicting and can really hog your time). Mumbler and Rail are also playing and I believe Tekmo was playing as well at one point or another. There was also some other FNF regulars that popped in at some point or another.

Needless to say I became quite worried when I couldn't open up the homepage last night, my time I get to spend on the computer is limited by having a very busy life right now with my new job and other things. No where near as busy as Steve sounds but I'm always here.

Blue

well shiiiiit !

THAT was unexpected... I thought i'd get howling wind, cricket sounds and tumbleweeds for replies, but this is much nicer : )

Im reeeeely glad some of you guys still call this page home. Well see what we can make of it in the future. Time is such a funny thing, spare time that is... I find that im being taught, the hard way, to really ration it out ont he things that matter, the things that have some sort of quality to them ( ie not pron, hehe) and so I hope this rubs off sooner than later on these online endeavours of ours here.

Thanks for the support guys.. what a pleasant suprise : )

Oh ho! dont you forget about nova now! I lurk in the shadows and defend fnf to the death! RAWR! I am dedicated to you bunch for you are not my friends but my brothers and some my sisters. Its not what we play together or how we play together but the fact is that WE ARE TOGETHER that matters. You are my family and I shall not desert you. I shall remain, ever vigilant, ever faithful to the brotherhood. AMEN!

ewwww. sucks that you're so busy. your brain must hurt allll day long : (

an you know im always up for an excuse to get together.. although it's going to be a teeny tiny gathering im guessing !!

So, on the subject.. does anyone have any ideas for interesting forum-related things we can do to give people reasons to post ? Im trying to stick to a 'thread a day' regimen, but it's haaard. Having something really interesting to talk about every single day is harder than i would have thought.. lol..