Friday Night Firefight Forums

Friday Night Firefight...

etru_scan

Well lady and germs, it is with great pleasure and pride I announce together with my cuban partner in crime VaderOnIce that we have a new venture to anounce.. one that will lead us all down an interesting and hopefully long lived road ...

Together we'd like to reveal to you... Friday Night Firefight ! ! !

So if you will, we humbly request you check it out. Comment on the comic, register and start posting news, or just read whats on there so far ( not much! ).

Ill attempt to keep this short, but itll be hard ( so you've been warned )..

I guess you might be wondering, mainly, WHY. Well.. We hit that a bit on the main site, but ill reiterate.. it's because we felt it was time. Time to do something based on what had come before, but relatively new at the same time. We both realised since FNF Clan started, we'd changed. Our gaming habits had changed. Our ways of life had changed. It was obvious that we were never going to go 'back' to the 'good old days' of having 6 hours at a stretch to do nothing but play CS, we werent going to suddenly have time for CAL-IM... We just realised that life moves on - and in a good way. Things change because they have to, and so our focus has changed to reflect how we too, have changed.

This was all meant to be a big suprise, mainly for you guys. We dont really expect anyone to give a toss either way - this new site is an extension of our creative side and stands on its own. But all of you - past, present and future - The souls i consider FNF, for life, are the only ones this announcement truly matters to. At varrying points a stunning array of people have thrown themselves wholehearted at FNF - Whether it be the technical side, the artistic side, the competitive side, or the social side. We wanted to bring honor to that, and credit to that, and build on what once was (in my mind, forever ) the best Counter-Strike clan to ever grace a server. The shining knights of FNF, hither, thither and yon will always echo in what Frank and I do with FNF( dot com! ) and we sincerely hope we have your help in that.

Which brings me to my final point, I think. At FNF we have a mission now to complete a comic a week to entertain you by. No, we're not trying to go after all those crazy successfull web zines out there, we dont want to be the next Penny Arcade.. But we DO want to entertain, and to create a community as great and even greater than the one that preceded it. We want to include you all, and we want to make sure we're relevant to gamers today. So there will be comics. And news, of all kinds. There will be contests, and there will be giveaways, too.

With a modest ammount of funding secured, we can do some little things that will make it worth your while to participate. All you need to do is register, and contribute! . The things that made FNF Clan interesting will persist on FNF, and were constantly trying to come up with more things to give you a reason to make it your home page. I hope we succeed like we did with FNF Clan - But if nothing else we'll know we tried.

So yeah - thanks so much for reading, and for visiting the new Friday Night Firefight. Tell you friends; link it, hit it, make it nasty or sell it sweet - Whatever you want. Feedback, questions of all kinds, flames, whatever - its all welcome.

Cheers !!!!

PS- I nearly forgot, because i DO that.. I needed to give a shout to another person instrumental in getting the comic concept off it's tiny ass, and that is none other than our resident fossil, teh coelacanth. Thanks david, you malky bastard u... http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks dudes. really, it means everything.

and yeah, christie, believe me, we tried. we knew we were going to come up short no matter what, but take comfort in the fact that your beauty just isnt reducible to 8 bit color. http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

btw, i just added a 'user comment' feature, so register, log in and flame us in situ if youd like : D

I like my tits in cartoon form tho, good show(ps im trampier than that, i wear tighter clothes, put me in something sexy, with leg warmers and a staff....I want a staff damnit)

(I'm just throwing out an idea here...) Why not let all trustworthy members make news posts? You said you want it to be 'relevant to gamers today', so how about everyone can post what's going on in the gaming world along with what they think about it and why they find it interesting. Like our own little CSNation.net or Halflife2.net, except broader and casual. Like a commuty blog, of sorts. Heck, maybe it could just be general world or personal news? Games, mods, sports, politics, personal events, etc. News stuffs the poster has poerticular intrest in. I dunno, just a thought.

-Cril

Thats what it *is*, Chris !

You already have the ability to add news - It's open to all registered users. I believe any and all submissions go through a moderation queue first, but anyone who registers can submit links or news.

Check the " User Menu " to the lower left hand side of the page ( under the main menu ) .. You have to be logged in, but once you are you can post away. Try it out, let me know if you cant see the button, or if it doesn't work for some reason.

Oh ! And it probably doesn;t feel like it so much, but commenting is an awesome way to add your spin to somethign - if it's significan enough a follow up post wil due credit will be made to whatever material you've contributed - whether its in a comment box, or a user submitted item or link. The point is to just contribute - the rest is just semantics.

Give it a try, let me know how it goes. Even if it's just a test, dont worry bout it - ill erase/move/modify later !

cheers !

PS - FEEDBACK - *alwaysalwaysalways* apreciated. The project took us two months plus a week to assemble, but alot of it came together at the last minute in true etruscan style. So your comments on things are not just appreciated, but needed. YOU guys know what works, whats cool, what sucks, whatever - so let us know. Either here, or through the 'contact us' page, it dont matta. Just let us know, and ill make it happen if i agree with you.

ttfn !

Yeah, when I click on Submit News it says "You are not authorized to view this resource." I figured it was just setup for you n' Frank.

-Cril

*Edit* And you also get an error when you try to add a smiley to a comment. http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_blink.png

I'm glad you guys like it. If you find any gamer/computer/dork news you want us to put up, just get us via msn or email us.

Steve and I have final say on what shows up there but if you guys think it's interesting, there's a good chance we would too.

Comic 2 should be up by this Friday. We hope. lol.

You can absolutely suggest anything you'd like - Well be setting up forums for the site soon as this shit with the crash settles down. right now, i have no idea whats working and whats 'semi-working'...

suggest away, there isn't a set plot line per se - just things we want to do. Ideas, especially ones based on FNF Clan, are ALWAYS welcome.