Friday Night Firefight Forums

Can anyone here analyze .dmp files?

Crilix

Hey gringos, I'm getting the occasional blue screen of death - about two or three times a week. I can't figure out a pattern to what triggers it, sometimes I'm just browsing the net, others I'm gaming. I've checked my temperatures which seem alright (40c on the core, 60c on the GPU), and I also ran a memory test for 11 hours (17 passes) which didn't turn up any errors. I've looked around online for ways to read or analyze the .dmp files that Windows creates when you get blue screens, but I just can't find simple enough instructions for someone like me who is so very command line inept. I've attached the latest .dmp file to the post from the blue screen I got last night. If someone could just get me the stop code, then maybe I can figure out the possible cause of the problem. Thanks much.

-Cril

*Edit* Okay, so the boards don't let me upload a .dmp file. If someone can help me out, let me know and I'll send you the file.

Go to your error logs. Right click my computer, choose Manage, expand the event viewer, and look in there under system first, then the others. I find that's usually a lil easier to sift through than a dump file. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, using the method Frank posted I was able to figure out the error codes. There were actually four of them - some having to do with memory, one having to do with optical drives, one having to do with the mobo, and the other... I forget. Either way, I ran some scans and tests... And it actually hasn't happened since. I'm guessing it's a driver issue, because it's been a while since I last formatted and I've installed a lot of devices on here. If I get another rash of blue screens I'll probably do clean install of windows. I've been looking for an excuse to pickup a new hard drive anyways.

-Cril