Friday Night Firefight Forums

Uber Upgrade!

Crilix

I've pretty much narrowed it down to the HD. It froze during the windows install, it crashed Linux programs, and it wouldn't let the comp boot - even when the OS was on another drive. I tested it on other SATA ports, so I'm pretty sure it's not the mobo. I've sent an RMA request, we'll see what they say.

In the mean time, I went ahead and installed on my old drive. What is there to say about the performance?

MUHAHAHAHA!

Before, I was running CoD2 at 640x480, with *no* added effects, filtering, AA, etc. It would continually get choppy. Now... I have everything boosted at 1024x768, and I've yet to even notice an FPS drop. I don't doubt I could jack it up to 1600x1200 and still play extremely well. That's thing - It looks and plays absolutely gorgeous the way it is, so there's no need to mess with it.

And, the best part... When I check my system stats, it's not even using HALF of my resources!! This is AWESOME!! I'm a happy boy. It'll be nice to get a working HD, but I'm perfectly content as is. Happy fun gaming time!

-Cril

congrats. hope everything works out well.

hope even more so that my wheeling and dealings with banks and paypal accounts and what not go smoothly so that hopefully by the end of the week/next week there will be a 1.6 server for you to go get OWNED BY ME ON LIKE LAST TIME!! heh. anywho yeah great to hear tho. l8ez