Friday Night Firefight Forums

New Hulk Movie

Indemnity

Looks like they pretty much just ignore the Ang Lee version completely. I was really bummed that the Ang Lee version was a let down. This one however looks worse. I find it hard to watch anything with Edward Norton anymore and this is certainly no acception. The cast doesn't look too bad but I think the tone is going to be off yet again. I think I'd rather see Speed Racer before I'd see this.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/th...hulk/large.html

The other Hulk movie wasn't too long ago, was it? The studios must really be smitten with Comic Book Fever to try reimagining something that's barely 5 years old. Oh well, anything to make a buck I guess. I never really got into the Hulk comics (or any others for that reason - I pretty much stick to Batman

-Cril

Guest etruscan

Yeah personally i was a bit suprised they were just flat out milking the hulk for another movie with no tie in whatsoever to the most recent one. Speaking of, there were definitely things i didnt like about the Ang Lee version, but honestly - for a comic to movie adaptation meant to appeal to a wide range of ages.. ? I thought it did a pretty bang on job. I enjoyed it.

This version looks a little more serious, a little darker. I like edward norton, so thats not an obstacle. But i think hollywood is going to be the 'obstacle' here , again. Its going to be a rounded off movie meant for mass consumption - same as the last, just with a slightly different angle.

Ill probably see it cause it'll have ' big screen effects ', but im setting my expectations prreeeeetty low.

I wasn't a fan at all of the Ang Lee version. I thought it was a bit on the plain side. It didn't have too huge of a peak(s) to the plot. And his "opponent"? meh. I think it was trying to target the newer generation who may not know who the Hulk is and was more of an introduction to who / what the Hulk is. Actually, pretty much all of these comic movie adaptions do that although, XMEN didn't (to an extent). Spiderman, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher, Batman, Iron Man however, do. That's not to say intro movies don't do the job, Iron Man looks like the best comic to movie adaption yet, imo.

It would have been nice if this one would be the "first" Hulk movie and they go from there. From the look of the preview it seems decent, and like Steve said a bit darker. I personally don't mind Edward Norton (one of my co-workers thinks Frank looks like him) I thought Norton did a good job in Fight Club and one of my fav movies American History X.

I really liked Norton in History X and FC but it was soon after that I started reading interviews, articles, and general word of mouth that made it seem as though he thinks he's god's gift to movie making. I'll never forget reading about how great he thought his rewrites in The Score were. How he improved the ending and all that. It was a crap movie that had one of the most unoriginal and obvious endings. He also claimed that he recut AH X for the studio after the director got fed up and quit the movie. In reality the movie was completely done and cut but Norton made some very very minor changes in a scene. Anyway, he seems like a prick to me. Not to say that he's not a good actor because he's great. Oh yeah, apparently him and Bobby Deniro didn't get along on the set of The Score, and I pretty much hold whatever Bob says as gospel.

From what I've heard, this movie is closer to the comics. The first one wasn't at all like the comics with the weird father subplot.

There's been (or was) a storyline running in the comics where Bruce Banner goes into hiding and is just always on the lam. Going from town to town, trying to control his powers and avoid the government. It was actually pretty good.

I wasn't too big into Hulk either.. I didn't really care for the previous movie.. I hate when they take something in a 'real world' light and make it look as fake as possible..

The CGI they used on him made him look like a Cartoon (whether they wanted that or not) but when you mesh those things while trying to say "it's real" or to give a vibe of him 'being real' in a real world didn't sit well with me.. Unlike a movie like "Cool World" where you -know- without a doubt.. that there are two Mediums.. Cartoon and Real.

Regardless, though.. I'll probably see this one (not at the movies unless it's an invite) but when I first heard that Norton was doing the Hulk.. it didn't strike me as a suiting role for him.. I've really liked him in a lot of the roles he's played.. but, the "Hulk"? *Shrugs*

I saw the trailer and it looks promising.. but I suppose it's generic.. it could be a new godzilla and I would feel the same about it.. (maybe a little better).. I guess I'm just getting tired of seeing "Good guy vs. Bad guy" in

fashion..

Batman has had a lot of substance as well as Spider-man and Superman.. but the Hulk? Not really.. not from what I remember.. Oh well, though.. Movie after Movie will continue to come out.

and I'll still be around watching.

I gotta agree on the trailer looking generic, with the 2 guys going at each other.

However, the dropping him out of a chopper thing was ripped straight from the comics. In the Ultimate Marvel universe, Bruce Banner works for the government and he gets a little jealous of all the attention the other Avengers are getting, so he goes ahead and takes his serum to impress Betty Ross.

Of course, he goes apeshit and completely obliterates a huge part of New York. The Avengers manage to settle him down and keep Bruce Banner locked up and super sedated all the time. Until...

ALIENS INVADE. Specifically, the Skrulls. The Avengers are getting their asses handed to them, so they take Banner up into a chopper, pump him full of adrenaline and throw him out of a chopper.

Hulk goes wild. Mankind wins.