Friday Night Firefight Forums

Compy Problems

So, about 3 days ago I started getting weird lag in DoD. I wasn't rubberbanding, my ping is fine, my rates are fine, I just would run really slow and/or stop every 3-7 seconds. It happens on every server, even when I create my own server. I re-installed steam and it's still happening... in all my games. I updated my graphics drivers and it hasn't fixed it. Now I notice that it really only happens when things start to get busy on my screen. I'm worried that its my video card but I thought that I'd get some kind of an error if it was going tits up. Is it a possible ram issue? Is there a diagnostic program that I can run that will test my system and tell me if anything is malfunctioning? Any help would be appreciated guys.

Crilix was having some game performance problems where it would get slow then crash. It turned out to be his vid card. Basically if the problem's only happening in games, it's most likely the card. If shit is happening in games AND Excel, then you got some other problems.

Don't think it's a video card issue. I just swapped out my current one for my old one and it's still giving me the same problem. <_>

http://www.memtest.org/

For Memory tests.

Usually when your memory's wonky, the machine will just crash. This is what I hate about computers...

It could also be the mobo. Something could be fucked with it and data's not moving around quickly enough.

• 2 weeks later...
Neg. I gave up and figured that it will last until I can buy a new one. I figure it's either the ram or the mobo and I'm too frustrated with it at this point to even put the other VGA back in.