Friday Night Firefight Forums

A business transaction with a reputable fellow

Crilix

So recently, a Mr Mayors emailed me:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Barrister Dio Mayor, a Solicitor, advocate of the Supreme Court, and the Personal Attorney to Engr. Robert Chapman.

The reason for my solicitation is, I am interested in having you assist me in retrieving his money valued at several million American dollars that he left behind with the Spring Bank Plc. My intent is to intercept this fund before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank.

Should you be interested please furnish me with the below information, after which I will provide you with more details of this transaction and how to proceed.

1) Your full name and address

2) Your occupation and age

3) Your private/direct telephone number for easy communication

Please get in touch with me with the following email address: (diomayorss@aol.com)

Thanks,

Barrister.Dio Mayor

To which I responded:

Hello Mr Mayors, I am interested in the business proposition you have offered me. Can you supply me with further details about the money left behind by the Spring Bank Plc?

Regards,

-Sinco de Milo.

And he wrote back...

Attn: Sinco de Milo,

First and foremost, thanks for your response to my Proposal, this has given me more confidence in your reliability and capability to handle business matters like this nature.

Secondly, I want you to understand that your not being a Relative of him is never a barrier to the success of the Transaction. As you can bear with me, a next of kin to one can be his father, mother, sister, brother, distant relations (cousin, niece, nephew) in-law, business associate, friend, and even well wisher you should have to Understand that if this were what I can do without somebody fronting him/herself

As the next of kin, I wouldn't have contacted you at all. Moreover, if it were possible for me to use any person I can lay my hands, I would have presented somebody here without going through the stress of looking for a foreigner that will act as the next of kin to this fund in question, so as to enable us claim this money. i will have trust on you and I assured you that we are going to conclude this transaction peacefully by special grace of God. but before we commence, you have to reconfirm to me the below information:

1.Full name & Contact Address

2.Age & Occupation

3.Telephone, Fax and Cell phone for easy communication

All, these stated above details is to enable me submit them to the appropriate department of the Bank for the approval/processing of the whole legal documents on your name as next of kin to my late client. After this, I will furnish you with the next line of action, on how this transaction will be completed within number of days of commencement; you have to reconfirm those items to me, so that we can get this transaction completed within days. For smooth completion of this transaction, it requires: trust, sincerity, transparency and accountability. There is need for us to be positive, joyous and optimistic because great people are ordinary people with extra-ordinary amount of determination.

Remember, that today's decisions are tomorrow's realities and our prayer should be for God to give us the guidance to know when to let go and the grace to make the right decision with dignity.

Thanks for your attention, time, understanding and consideration. Do give me a call as soon as you have this message for proper telephone conversation. Cell Phone +234 -7023156424

Best regards,

Barrister Dio Mayor (Esq)

And I replied:

Greetings Mr. Mayor, thank you for returning my enquiry. I was curious as to if you could supply me with specific details about Engr. Robert Chapman. Does he have children or next of kin that may potentially complicate our arrangment? I do not wish to enter into a contract if it has the possibility of creating unneccessary risk. That being said, however, I do consider myself a rather enterprising individual and am ready and willing to make an investment where a profit can be made. Being Mr. Chapman's personal attorney must surely mean you knew the man well. What can you tell me of him? Was he a business man with investments? If so, what kind of operations was he involved with? Did he have many associates, such as yourself? Was he a kind man? What car did he drive? I truly believe that the kind of car one drive's defines their character.

As for your requested information, I am a individual of 43 years of age. I am a developer of aeronautic instruments, and act as an advisor to many larger firms. While I usually reside in the United States, I maintain all business through my temporary Dubai office address (where I am currently working), as that is where many of my contracts are located. My contact address details are as follows:

ROFL Consulting

24 18 B Street

Dubai, United Arab Emerates

I am eager to hear details back from you - I simply must know a little more before I am willing to act further. Also, entering into this project, I would like to know some details about yourself. How long have you been an attorney? Do you find the work rewarding? Hopefully we may act swiftly and do as our almighty God would have us do.

Sincerely,

-Sinco de Milo

We'll have to see how it goes. I COULD BE RICH!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AFter, like, a month of waiting, he sent me this email:

DIO MAYORS CHAMBERS

LEGAL PRACTIONERS AND ESTATE ADVISERS.

DO REGO MATHLEU C ``651 ``K``TANTO AKPAKPA,

COTONOU REPUBLQUE DU.

TEL: +229-6669-7852, +229-9694-3569.

Attn: Mr. Sinco de Milo

Thanks for your response to my proposal and also sorry to write you late due to am try to finalize with the bank my late client deposited his funds, i hope that you are willing to support me get this fund out and also invest it in a good way.

I have already establish the arrangement, for you to claim the USD35Million, through Spring Bank Plc. Financial Institution, in Kula Lumpur Malaysia, where the funds suppose to release to you, i will soon conclude all the documents process and send to them, with a letter of authorization on your behalf, which they demand from my chambers, to empower you claim the funds, as new beneficiary/ next of kin to my client (late Engr. Robert Chapman).

My client is a government contractor and he divorce her wife before he died and also he has no children.

This is over 11year now that my late client died and every effort i have made personally to get someone related to him to claim his funds has been abortive as such i have decided to get in touch with you so that we can work this out and get the funds transferred, through spring bank, Financial Institution, to an account you will nominate anywhere in the worldWe need to establish Partnership, as i wish to front you as the owner of the business to be established with this fund in your country when it is transferred into your over sea account.

Please you must keep this transaction confidential till the beginning and the end of the transaction. I am giving you a strong assurance that as long as you follow my directions, you must receive the fund with out any hitch.

You are advised to send to me your direct mobile telephone, where i can reach you without difficulty

Make an effort to call me any time on my direct mobile telephone (+229-6669-7852) immediately you receive this details email to speak with me, for more discussion.

You are advised to make all your correspondence through this e-mail address (diomayorchambers@ibibo.com) which i used to write you now.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Barrister Dio Mayor.

So I sent him a quick reply asking him to tell me about himself (as I never conduct business with someone I know), and he hasn't responded. That was more than a month ago. Maybe he figures I'm more trouble than it's worth.

-Cril