Friday Night Firefight Forums

Crilix's Painting Thread

Crilix

Hey! It's the Mike! Thanks for the comments dude - looking back it is pretty impressive how I've moved from sucky to a bit less sucky. Anyways, I know I didn't update last week, that's because I was attending the Maker Faire in California. I did do some sketches while I was away, though. This is what I did while waiting to board the return flight. (Those robots are just so fun to draw...)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3178/2477498914_d9999524b9_b.jpg

And here's something I've been working on over the past two weeks. Maybe ~5hrs or so of work was put into it over a few different steps.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2405/2479052197_f7d4431cb4_o.jpg

I could've probably done a bit better, smoothing out the colours and fixing the obvious lighting issues. Alas, I just don't feel that compelled to keep working on it. Also, I wasn't too fond of the original colours I used (the above pic), they looked too bright and washed out. I messed with the levels after I finished, and you can see that version here.

Anyhoo, that's all for now.

-Cril

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it does look like a brain..

I think mostly because it really looks 'thicker'.. every thing's really connected unlike the beard where your lines are more lines and not trying to connect at all..

I like it and knew immediately what/who it was of.. but when you said it looks like a brain.. I said "OLO!! it does"

Yeah, when I first drew it I kept the hair strokes kinda light and disjointed, but that didn't work out well. Making it thicker/curlyer didn't help either so... Big Brain Ross it is.

Anyhoo, this week I did most of my sketching on pencil and paper, but I forgot to bring the pad into work so I could scan them oh well, here' something I did this weekend:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/2519358856_5582062dec_o.jpg

Giving my tack record of horribly disfiguring any girl I try to dry, I'd say that this particular one turned out not too bad. Some of the proportions may be off, and the face doesn't quite look right... But I don't think it's all bad.

-Cril

• 2 weeks later...

The bubbles dazzle me.. I don't know what it is.. I suppose because they look so much 'cleaner' than the shading you use on your drawings.. but all in all it's a very nice touch to a great drawing.

Personally? I would like to see you doing some more video graphic interlaced with your drawings.. I see some good things in the future.

It looks to me like she's underwater and she just lit off a fart. Looks good though. http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

Weren't you doing some graphics work like your signature and such? More or less like the Signature Battles.. but with your drawings as well.

Just kind of a mesh of scanning in one of your drawings and then editing/adding to it through Photoshop (though trying to retain the original drawing as much as possible and just adding to the surrounding and such)

Thought it would be a nice touch with your skills.

Ah, I thought by "video graphic interlacing" you were referring to something having to do with actualy video, like animations or something. Yeah, I think trying some of my own hand-drawn stuff in a battle would be interesting. You know, if a certain someone would post a serve.

-Cril