Friday Night Firefight Forums

Cruisin' Tunes 2005 Edition

General

Well, it's that time of year again. All the sunshine has made me crave this year's mix of kick ass cruisin' tunes. For those of you who don't remember the rules:

1. Only one song from any given artist

2. Classic rock > everything else for cruising

3. Offensive lyrics kick ass

Anyways, picking songs is always a project for me, but this is what I've got so far:

Kiss - I Wanna Rock And Roll All Night

Golden Earring - Radar Love

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart OR Dr.Feelgood (tough choice here)

Tom Petty - This is the bane of my existence... so many Petty songs are classic cruisin' tunes and I can only pick one, but I'm leaning towards Even the Losers (because I am a loser http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png )

The Rolling Stones - Another tough one, although the main contenders are Satisfaction and Don't Stop

Guns 'N Roses - Pretty much any song from Appetite For Destruction could go on this mix, and I've done It's So Easy one too many times, I think. But Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City are REALLY overdone. Lead contenders are Night Train and My Michelle

Aerosmith - Walk This Way, Dude Looks Like A Lady, or Head First

AC/DC - Highway To Hell is the obvious choice here, but Back In Black and TNT (or as I sing it, DMC http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png ) also kick ass

The Cult - Sun King or Nirvana... probably Sun King

The Cure - Boys Don't Cry (this will be the first song to get cut if I run out of room, but it IS pretty rad)

The Tragically Hip - Blow At High Dough

Deep Purple - Space Truckin'

Well, that's all I can think of for now... need more suggestions. Mayhem, this means YOU! http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_buttrock.gif

Well I picked up New Tattoo by Motley Crue yesterday, and that made my decision for my Crue tune even harder. Every single song on the album (other than track 3) is kick ass for cruising. Lead contenders from there are Hell On High Heels and Treat Me Like a Dog

new montly sucks balls.

All i know is that there single is a simple plan song that got thrown away.

As for crusing, one cd that we always used to listin to driving to work in the dark throught the forest was nirvana unplugged in new york

Skid Row - 18 and Life

Motorhead - Ace of Spades

The Doors - Break on Through

AC/DC - Whole lotta Rosie

Alice Cooper - Poisen

Bruce Dickinson - Road to Hell

Def Leppard - Photograph

Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills

Aerosmith - St John