Friday Night Firefight Forums

GH:WT or RB:2

Saber

Soo,

Anyone into the Band games? We have some people out there playing lots of Rock Band/Guitar Hero and now that Christine and I have a PS3, we can buy real versions of these games (not dumbed down for the wii).

Anyone already have RB2 with the new drum kit?

Some of the folks out here just bought the game and used their old equipment to play with so I'm wondering how the new drum kit is.

We were thinking of getting Guitar Hero World Tour this weekend instead of Rock Band 2. We don't yet have a drum kit, so we thought we would go for the flashier of the two.

I plan on getting the new Guitar Hero for the Wii. <_ from what i understand it going to be on par with all the other editions besides graphically of course. wii version is supposed have a mode that won>

The drums for Rock Band 2 have some big issues with them that i've heard of. For starters the red drum doesn't work sometimes when you hit it and if you hit the blue drum in the wrong spot it will make the yellow drum play.

As far as the two games, its really hard to say if one is better then the other. For the most part they have a different set list, I believe there is only 13 songs in total that the two share. Myself, I like Rock Band not only for the set list but because they offer much more in the way of downloadable content. Every week you get new tracks to play, plus if you just rent the original rock band you can import all but 4 of the songs from Rock Band to Rock Band 2, essentially doubling your playlist options.

As far as Guitar Hero World Tour goes, it has way more character customization, although that doesn't really affect the overall gameplay experience. In terms of difficulty, Guitar Hero has always been harder then Rock Band, at least when it comes to the guitar.

Essentially with these two games though it just comes down to which playlist you prefer.

You can't dismiss which of the two has better gear though. GH is far superior as far as the quality of the drums and guitar are concerned. I'm hoping that GH will increase its playlist by a lot now that they have the dLable content online.

look at the track lists Terry, buy the game that has more of the music you enjoy. For me that would be RB2, especially because you can download all the tracks from rb1.