Friday Night Firefight Forums

What is the world coming too?

Nova

So i get woken up today at 8am by my ex's new bf telling me to stop talking to her cause shes his girl. We are friends (you know trying to stay on good terms) and i figured the odd "hey whats up" would be friend appropriate. So there i am laying in bed wondering how in the world he bloody hell got a hold of my number and to top it all off why hes talkin about "knocking" me out and "beating" me up ("" indicates i dont believe he can or will do it). Not only does this make it girl #2 to do this but what part in the human mind honestly whispers to the individual "hey lets cause drama". Its unfortunate the amount of people who cant really honestly leave a relationship on good terms and keep it that way, do people really like confrontation? Perhaps not, its probably her hoping to have someone fight for her or have attention...which disgusts me even further...but suffice it to say my initial guestimation of how many good women that are out there may have been slightly off and appears to be less....lol. But for entertainment purposes heres the convo lol

Incoming Text: "dud fuck off and leav my gf alone or im goin 2 kick ur ass"

My Reply: "Oh grow up. I dont need this kiddy crap"

Incoming Text: "im dating jess ur not so piss off and quit txtin her she tells if u txt her"

My Reply: "Listen here boy, id have half a mind knockin you around for buggin me about this at 8 in the am. I dont care, now go back to your saturday morning cartoons"

Incoming Text: "just fuck off and leav jess alone and im coming up next weekend 2 spend time with her and u txt her ill fine u and knock u out"

Entertaining? Yes i thought so and i enjoyed my burns too haha, but ive done what i do when girls pull this stuff....i cut all ties and ignore them. What posses a person to not only incite this but also someone to carry it out is beyond me...perhaps a lack of entertainment in ones life may be the cause, but i dont really care. I could probably keep going on analyzing and picking apart both their psyches and mental health but its really a waste of time no matter how intelligent i try and make it sound lol. But figured id talk about it rather then bottle it up ya know.....sigh lol women.

Guest etruscan

Wow. that IS pretty weak. There's no real way to be sure wtf is going on between these two, or in mr. new bf's head, but damn.. what a waste of time.

I think it's true that some people DO love confrontation - its a simple way to reaffirm to yourself that 'youre the man' .. you know.. so much easier to go beat someone up than to do something genuinely positive and hold yourself in high esteem enough not to have to even worry about 'your girl' talking to her ex. ie.. their relationship is for whatever reason fairly insecure still, and any hint of competition is going to be treated unkindly.

Thats just my armchair analysis, of course. Obviously buddy only knows about the texts by two ways : He snooped them from your ex's phone ( total psycho loser ) or she told him, and gave him your number ( total psycho loser x2, no offense ) so he could act all the man and threaten you via text message ( which in itself is so sad an pathetic i would be AMAZED if he actually had the stones to 'fine you and knock u out' ...) lol.. i wonder how much he's gonna fine you.. think he's a meter maid, and the *ammount*is gonna knock u out ? lawl.

anyways. sorry to hear about ur trouble. i'll go so far as to agree that a good g/f is hard to find, but thats just it.. nothing worth having comes easy.

The both of you deserve each other's grammar.

Also, there's nothing wrong with being sneaky and beating the shit out of him when he's not looking. If anything, it'll put fear into him.

lol figured this would hit home with alot of the guys.

"total psycho loser" - lol i could see a 14yr old girl that like all cool ya know say that but u haha nice though.

Well i like to think my grammar is better than his in any sense, but id would rather have him confront me and i knock him out. So there are no excuses for him goin down so fast.

Guest etruscan
The grammar part i found pretty hilarious, i gotta admit. There's somethign special about putting a person with such bad spelling/grammar down. hockey-helmet special, i mean of course..

Bleh, throwing down on someone has too many consequences after a certain age. Just let her be crazy and find another one that will curl your toes and hope that she isn't a Fatal Attraction

As a rule, you need to set a limit to what you will compromise for. If something goes over that line, that's it. Cut the woman off or you will be unhappy. It will hurt in the short term, but it will fuck your life up in the long term if you give in to something that truly bothers you.

For example:

1) girlfriend gives your number to ex boyfriend for reason x.

result: I cut girlfriend because girlfriend is immature and likes drama. Or something. Either way, girlfriend is not helping you avoid a problem. She is introducing a problem. Fuck that ho. Fuck her once before you break up with her is what I mean.

Aye frank you and I are on the same page when it comes to that. That how i do things in my love life, if they dont meet certain criteria or treat me the way i treat them then i end it. Dont get me wrong its tough as hell but im a nice guy and i follow "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you". But alas nice guys seem to finish last.

Guest etruscan

it mayhem !

Im gonna throw in with that too - if she's just creating drama for god knows what reason.. cut ! Lifes just too short for that bullshit.

And for arguments sake, im gonna disagree with you Dave.. Im still friends with quite a few of my (few) ex's, none ever went psycho on me. Its the person, not the sex man. Some people just go psycho. gotta choose carefully, sure, but.. yeah. Some of my ex's are some of my favourite people in the world, and i consider myself lucky to have had their company while i did. ( that said, there's a few i never want to talk to again, but thats a far cry from being psychos!)

here here a good discussion all around http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png i thank you all helps to talk about it and nice to see im not the only guy who thinks the way i do.

• 4 weeks later...

i like nice guys and im quite the catch.

also steve is nice and got nice hothothot momma

nice guys just need to look for non manipulative women.

ps about crying: unless a relative died or we are watching a walk to remember, were faking