Friday Night Firefight Forums

Welcome to the world baby Mya

Colossus

On Thursday April 16th we were at the hospital getting kelsi induced as there were some concerns as to the baby's weight at first (that has since been eliminated), she had jumped 4 lbs in 2 weeks but before hand was very under weight at approx 3lbs. First we expected to come home afterwards and wait for it to get going and then back to the hospital for the birth however she took to the inducing within 15 minutes and we stayed at the hospital all day long. The inducing gel stopped working and we were sent home around 6pm to be back the next morning to do the IV inducing or to come back if she went back into labor of course. Anyway we got back to the hospital and h ad to wait ALL day long to get going because the lady who was induced the previous morning just before Kelsi went into full blown labor in the early morning and they didnt have enough staff to cover both births. Kels was going with the spinal epidural and had to have a spare nurse with her pretty much the entire time.

Anyway we got under way around 6pm PST and after 4 hours of some serious contractions kels never dialated past 1cm which was what she was at I guess from the previous days work. So she was showing no sign of opening up and as per the concerns for the baby they wanted her out asap. Also when the doc came in just before hand actually, her epidural stopped working and she felt 4 back to back massive contractions, and then when the doc gave her another look see well she almost hit the roof from his two fingers and so we talked about a c-section and weighed the pro's and cons. Shortly thereafter we went ahead with preparing that. At first I was told it could be 2 hrs before an operating room could be available so I started making my calls and sending out my list of 50 text messages (god im glad we have unlimited txt msging on our cell) and as soon as i was done i had to do it over again as they came back and said 30 mins and were good to go.

After some delays kels went into the OR just before 11pm and at 11:15 Mya Cynthia Rose Sewid was born. She has almost as much hair as her daddy did when he was born, she has my nose and cheeks and a good big sewid head, and so far - even in low light situations - she has her fathers squinty eyes http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png:D:D:D She has long piano player style fingers and long ass feet like her daddy.

She shares a birthday with my good friend Brennan and is the day before my godparents anniversary. She was brought into this world via c-section on the heels of a STELLAR Vancouver Canucks Shut-Out victory in game two of their best of seven series which they now lead 3-0. Daddy did cry and was very grateful that most of his family could be there to share it with him.

Whose Princess is she? She's Mya Princess http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

Here is a pic to show ya my angel. For more pics check my profile on facebook as family and friends have already uploaded close to 30 pictures hahaha. I think kels and I have about 300 pictures to go through and put up but thats for another day.

Without further adieu,

Aw, shit, man, does this mean you're going to have to get a regular job, stop drinking and gaming so much, and paint a room pink?

Grats again, dude.

stop drinking? never. gaming? maybe a lil not that i do much with my pc borked and the tv in use all the time so little on the ps3 too. but paint a pink room. NEVER. my girl can wear pink but if anything she can have baby blue http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png pfft whatever shes daddys girl she can get what she wants so long as i dont go broke which im sure i will countless times between now and 18 years from now. hell with the way i was with my dad in the early 20's ill be going broke for the next 23 years hahahaha.

thanks all. more and more pics have hit fb as kels got home last tuesday and has been on it pretty hard http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png