Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  VaderOnIce : (26 May 2019 - 03:11 PM) Hi.
@  Cody : (14 August 2018 - 08:29 AM) hi?
@  VaderOnIce : (19 April 2018 - 05:09 AM) Not much, @Saber. How are joo doing? Oh shit, you made a post.
@  Saber : (16 April 2018 - 07:07 PM) Yo
@  Saber : (05 June 2017 - 07:43 PM) wtf has everyone been upto?
@  Saber : (05 June 2017 - 07:36 PM) Getting older... haha
@  NiTs : (16 March 2017 - 08:12 PM) Shout out to all the old guys.. its odd to think its been like 20 years
@  NiTs : (16 March 2017 - 08:11 PM) EnglishBOB no.. we dont have too. but we will really let anyone in
@  EnglishBob : (11 January 2017 - 12:21 PM) That is sooo racist, respect the first Ooompa Loompa Orange President!  Oh wait, I'm British, Canada has to let me in!
@  VaderOnIce : (01 December 2016 - 06:53 AM) So Trump became President... So... about those hot Canadian chicks...
@  Saber : (06 April 2016 - 04:43 PM) Haha/ Oh man
@  VaderOnIce : (04 March 2016 - 06:21 AM) Do any of you know any hot chicks I can marry so I can get my family into Canada if Trump becomes President?
@  Saber : (13 January 2016 - 10:38 PM) Happy new year!
@  VaderOnIce : (01 January 2016 - 11:35 AM) Happy new year's, folks.
@  VaderOnIce : (01 November 2015 - 01:04 PM) @Philosoraptor and I broke the bread at the Logan's Roadhouse this weekend. It was wonderful. All FNF'ers must know the road to Florida.
@  VaderOnIce : (22 August 2015 - 06:16 AM) There was sex in the facebook last night.
@  Saber : (31 July 2015 - 04:42 PM) Happy Birthday to those who just had birthdays. :)
@  VaderOnIce : (30 June 2015 - 09:55 AM) KIKIRIKI!
@  Quachie : (25 June 2015 - 10:59 AM) BRAWR!
@  VaderOnIce : (19 June 2015 - 05:08 AM) Wiiiild

Photo

[FNF] Clan's 24/7 Assault_lith server

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Brent

Brent

Just Visiting

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:11 PM

Is this an FNF server? Initially I thought it was being that there were people running around wearing the same type of clan tags as you... but I cannot see anything listed in the forums here indicating that it is a "real" FNF server, so it's probabaly some ripoff clan. I'll wait to find this out before I post my problem!

Original Brent

#2 Philosoraptor

Philosoraptor

Rawr!

• FNF BOD
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:25 PM

we don't really have a pub server

#3 Crilix

Crilix

Fighter Jockey

• FNF BOD
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:58 PM

Yeah, I fell on that server once. I think their name stands for 'Friends Not Foes', and they wear their tag [FNF]Name instead of our FNF[Name]. I talked to a guy breifly, and he said the clan was only a month or so old. If it wern't for the crappy map, I might consider dropping into their server every now and then.
-Cril

#4 DmC

DmC

Legion of Chaotic oblivion.

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:25 AM

The pure public is running.

#5 etru_scan

etru_scan

FNF Founder

• FNF BOD
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:42 AM

Is this an FNF server?  Initially I thought it was being that there were people running around wearing the same type of clan tags as you... but I cannot see anything listed in the forums here indicating that it is a "real" FNF server, so it's probabaly some ripoff clan.  I'll wait to find this out before I post my problem!

Original Brent

I can understand the confusion, Brent.. There seem to be several FNF's out there in one flavour or format or another, and it can get kinda confusing. What worse, imho, is that we seem to have abandoned a unified tag format, so even though our 'official' servers tend to be named the same, looking into them and checking the player's tags as they wear them wont nescecarily tell you what clan they belong to. Thanks for asking, though, it's interesting to hear of other FNF's out there.

Post about your 'problem' though - I'd like to hear what you have to say.

PS- Is the Brent from days of old ? or a new brent ? brent as in tnerb ? ?!

#6 Brent

Brent

Just Visiting

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:32 PM

Yes it's Brent/Tnerb from a couple years ago tongue.gif

I never see anyone on the FNF CS:S servers or else I'd play there. That's why one day I stumbled over the above mentioned server thinking that it was the FNF I knew, and had been playing there for the past week or so (although never meeting anyone on there that I recognized). So, the "problem" has nothing to do with you guys then, which is good smile.gif Since you asked to hear it anyway...

I was playing for an hour or two straight, on the "fake FNF" Assault server, using pretty much only the scout the whole time. Had a ratio of about 90/20 and then people started saying the usual "cheater" and "n-word" etc., to which I didn't respond to except for a "grow up" or two, and then a couple votes pop up... the first one is "Is Brent cheating? YES/NO", and a bit over half of them voted yes, so I took that as a compliment. Then another vote comes up, "Kick Brent? YES/NO" and of course the same people who voted yes in the previous vote voted to kick me. So I went back in and was threatened a ban if I didn't leave - but what would it matter anyway if I am going to get kicked for just playing? I was pretty pissed, simply because I was not cheating.
I still felt like playing, so I went server browsing.. joined some random clan server and played for a couple of maps before I got kicked and banned for the same accusations. There are cheats out there, especially in CS:S, so first Valve needs to get it's ass in gear and release that anti-cheat thing they mentioned and have all the real cheaters get banned from Steam. Unfortunatly it seems that most admins who play are sore losers and there's nothing I can do about getting banned from servers for being a decent player sad.gif

Brent

#7 etru_scan

etru_scan

FNF Founder

• FNF BOD
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:16 PM

Ahhh, it IS you !

Well well, nice to have you back, brentz0rz !

Pity about the FNF you came across. Kinda pisses me off, but the only thing we own is the website, and the reputation. Nothing much we can do about anything else.. Even the name technically belongs to White Wolf Games, as it's a trademarked phrase, although its nothing we could be sued over.

Anyways - The problem with the FNF-Fusion server is that it's mostly people from work that play there, so other than at lunch or for an hour or so after work, it's pretty dead. That may change, slowly, but it's a locked server after all. All you can do is drag your friends ( Only the ones you trust dearly, thanks ) over to get a game going. All you have to do is donate $10 a month and you get admin, so it's a pretty nice deal.

Anyways WB dude. Hope to see you on soon !

PS- IMO lousy admins are worse than cheaters. Cheaters you can try and ignore, try and out-play. An idiot with RCON is pretty much un-avoidable.

#8 Brent

Brent

Just Visiting

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:18 PM

To top it off, I just went back into the server and was playing with the actual "fake FNF" players there and told them what happened, and they supported the idiodic behavior that was happening last night and contributed to it themselves (needless to say things didn't go my way), wont be playing there anymore... Sometimes I wish I could just track dinks like that down and give them a smack. GRR. I can't believe I used to act that way too :/

#9 Brent

Brent

Just Visiting

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:19 PM

I don't think I have access to any of the real FNF servers anymore

#10 Cody

Cody

puck bunny

• FNF[Clan] Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:30 PM

only tags i ever use are FNF[Nuck] and fnfclan|nuck.

#11 Crilix

Crilix

Fighter Jockey

• FNF BOD
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:43 PM

Here dude, for a full FNF server list, go here.
-Cril

#12 Mike

Mike

Dr of Postology

• BoD Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:50 AM

I remember brent. hey dude.

#13 IronHide

IronHide

Postologist

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:31 PM

yeah sup brent... I noticed the same thing, luckily I spotted the difference in the names as was mentioned earlier... I was wondering why sometimes the FNF play as FNF[name] and sometimes fnfclan|name... ? why not choose a unified front? a name that everyone sticks by... I like the FNFclan|name idea.. but the original FNF[name] as well... it might help distinguish between the different FNF clans out there...

another rendition of FNF was "fast n furious" I remember spotting those guys a number of times too... don't remember how the tag worked with the name though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users