Friday Night Firefight Forums

CS:S

Dante15

I'm usually on The Machine as well, but it has managed to disappear from my server list. I'll try n' find it again. Anyhoo, we'll have to connect on Vent some time Dante and play some CS:S... I'll add you to my MSN and we can hammer out some details. http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png

-Cril

• 4 weeks later...

Hey !! HEY !!

CALLING ALL CS:Sers !!!

Gentlemen . I must announce here and now, publicly for all to see, that I am viciously and undeniably addicted to CSS in the worst way. It's brought my gaming habit back out of the gutter, and i just cant get enough.

I wanted to know what the state of things was with FNF and CSS, so sound off if you're down !

Lately, i've been playing alot. I can only play from work because my home computer is so shitty i have to wipe it's ass every time i use it, but from work.. muahaha. I have the grossest connection ( i ping the machine between 5-10 all the time ) and the phattest box - Rock solid FPS at 1024x768 . So im enjoing it to the hilt and wanted to spread the love and represent with my fellow FNFers. Are any of you game ?

I've only seen a few of you on over time - I play at lunch and after work usually (on good days) and i understand i should get vent going to make it easier to rally troops... ( thats in the works ) Do any of you play CSS exclusively ? Or often, at least ? Its just all i want to do, games-wise, nowadays. ( I know the computer really helps that part ) I'd love to hear from you guys that are into playing regularly..

In the meantime i've been working on getting my fellow work mates psyched - I got three buying/installing HL2 as we speak, but it's not enough for a proper game. You'd think there'd be hoardes of people at EA playing it, but apparently not..

Let me know if you've got the passion. Cant wait to get in the mix with you guys again !

I'm down http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

Only problem of mines is I get 20-80 FPS and it spikes often. I would assume with a 9800 256mb pro I should be getting better FPS but I have yet to find any guides for tweaking my rates etc. If any of you know how to improve my FPS or at least get them to be stable then you = cool.

Cril, I was on the machine last night but the admins seemed rather childish. They kicked for any reason they wanted, which kind of made game play stupid.

Im betting your new card will be fine without any need to tweak.. but.. i understand the fever to optimize.. gl on that !

Re: The Machine.. You know.. as good as my pings are there, i seldom make it my first choice, for exactly the reason you mentioned. The admins can be total idiots and actually power trip quite often from what i've seen. There are a couple in particular that i just mute, because i get worked up listening to them beak off just because they can.. So annoying..

I'm up to playin! And tek, 20-80 fps? Something's not right then, I get 50-80 on a geforce 3 with everything on high (no AA) I also have a ss of me playing online with etru here somewhere. I'm sure he remembers. He had an AK, me a 5-7. I shot him in the head http://www.fnfclan.com/uploads/uploads/emoticons/default_mf_w00t2.gif